pulldown resistors

Started by hodad, November 05, 2003, 12:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hodad

I'm wanting to slap some pulldown resistors on my rangemaster clone, & I wanted to make sure I'm thinking right about this.  Pulldown resistors are going from the input & output caps to ground, right?  So is there anything wrong with making this connection by tying a 2m2 resistor from the signal lug to the ground lug on each jack?  that should do it, shouldn't it?  Or am I missing something here?

AL

Sounds like good logic to me. There is a schematic with pulldown R's on the Fuzz Central site if you want to take a look at it.  He has great layouts there too.

http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/

AL

R.G.

You're missing something.

The signal lugs on the box are not tied to the effect circuit when a pedal is bypassed. The whole point of pulldown resistors is to pull the input/output capacitors to ground when the effect is bypassed, and they can't do that if they're permanently mounted on the in/out jacks. They have to be permanently attached from the outside cap of the effect circuit input and output to ground to be effective.

[/quote]
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

hodad

Thanks, RG.  I had a feeling I was missing something.