My First Pedal Restoration Thread

Started by GiovannyS10, January 07, 2018, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiovannyS10

Hey Guys,
Last month i received this very old and broken Rebote 2.5 to bring it back to life. So, i decided to record part of this work and upload a video showing how i could transform that old pedal in something nice and working.
I did:
Sandpaper, removed old paint, removed rust, primer, paint, labeling, rework circuit, changed pots and jacks, new wiring...

Its harder restore something which exists than build a new pedal because we have to adapt all the new things to the old enclosure shape and holes. Notice that it's not a default hammond enclosure, but a handmade steel one. The owner do not want change it's structure so i did my best to make a nice service respecting all the customer requirement. I hope you guys enjoy it too, and i am sorry about the video edit, was my first one. I will do my best in  next, i swear. Notice i did not used the UV labeling method in this one, but used silk screen.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/Syi-C0DQytc

Best regards.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

key-bored

Only sat through 5 minutes of your video, but hey, it looks really nice.
That old one had been stomped on many times!
Results look like brand new. 

KB
Ray Charles said it, I believe it, That Settles it.

GiovannyS10

Hey Key-bored, thank you!
Yes, i wanted to show really how i work, and there's a 10-days of work in 18 minutes, i tried to run it as faster as possible and cut is as much i could. But anyway i liked the result. If you want something more short you can skip the steps and see a abstract of the all work, but anyway if you want details, you can see the entire video.
Thank you for comment, its so important for me know people are enjoying my work :)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

duck_arse

Quote.... a handmade steel one .....

the best kind. I've never seen anyone sand so fast! are you on drugs?

very nice, well done - you know how much I like blk/wht sex boxes.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Ben N

• SUPPORTER