Noob Question - Ep Boost Breadboard

Started by BlackLlama, January 29, 2018, 09:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLlama

Quote from: antonis on February 01, 2018, 09:40:44 AM
If I ment East side of Australia, BlackLlama should have a VERY long arm..  :icon_wink:

To also stay on topic:
<read up a big-muff pi circuit, with your assortment of funny transistors. then go thru and work out what voltages are wrong and causing the circuit to mis-function.>
It's obvious (at least to me..) my city-mate Κωνσταντίνος isn't familiar with "right/wrong" voltages..  :icon_wink:
(in the mean of voltages ought to appear in case of item value/type change..)

I think that's exactly what I don't know :) Should I go for the math behind it or are there any "general rules" that apply on pedals that I should search for?

(I pretty sure that by now, my questions alone are enough evindence that the topic title Noob was appropriate :D )

antonis

Quote from: BlackLlama on February 01, 2018, 06:00:50 PM
Should I go for the math behind it or are there any "general rules" that apply on pedals that I should search for?
Of course there are such rules but any "general rule" has simplified/verified/establised AFTER math calculation apply..

Things aren't so complicated but, at least, you must use some elementary math implemetations..
(Ohm & Kirchhoff laws need nothing more than sum/subtraction/multiplication/division..) :icon_wink:

If you prefer general rules, you can search for something "transistor calculations using rules of thumb"-alike..
(as far as you're sure about your memory strong state..) :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..