ON-ON-ON DP3T toggles?

Started by ExpAnonColin, November 06, 2003, 11:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

I really want some... They're like 15 dollars on mouser, however.  I want ON-ON-ON DP3T or SP3T toggles, not rotarys, toggles, not slides, toggles... anyone have a cheaper place?

-Colin

Ansil

i wish i did keep me informed if you find one, my guitar uses that switch, to work properly

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Ansili wish i did keep me informed if you find one, my guitar uses that switch, to work properly

There are some on mouser... do a search for DP3T ON-ON-ON.

-Colin

dp

dp

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: dpcheck out www.stewmac.com

Thanks, they have on-on-on's there, but they don't say how many pulls and throws they have :?

-Colin

Hal

Radio Shack has on-on-on's...I think they're DPDT, though...they have a weird pinout.

I think you can use a DPDT as a SP3T if you wire it right (not sure)

its something like this...

Pos2:

||
||
||

the other positions are just as an on-on DPDT would be....

can you do something with that ? btw the radio shack swtich is about $5 I think.

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: HalRadio Shack has on-on-on's...I think they're DPDT, though...they have a weird pinout.

I think you can use a DPDT as a SP3T if you wire it right (not sure)

the other positions are just as an on-on DPDT would be....

can you do something with that ? btw the radio shack swtich is about $5 I think.

A DP3T would hae a weird pinout, yes, because there would be 3 rows of throws and only 1 row of pulls, so you can't put it in the middle at all...

Either I don't understand you diagram or it doesnt work...  :(

-Colin

Peter Snowberg

I've never seen an on-on-on that wasn't DPDT.

To expand on Hal's diagram- If you label the six terminals as two commons ("C"), and two throw positions each (labeled "A" and "B"), this is what you'll see.

Overview:
A A
C C
B B

Below: the black labels below are not connected while the colors are.

Position 1:
A A
C C
B B

Position 2:
A A
C C
B B

Position 3:
A A
C C
B B

===============================
To make a DPDT on-on-on into a SP3T, use the blue C above as the common; wire a jumper from the blue A to the red C; and the three throws are (in order) red A, red B, and blue B.

Caution: I might have flipped the poles in position 2, check with a meter to be sure. :)

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter SnowbergI've never seen an on-on-on that wasn't DPDT.

To expand on Hal's diagram- If you label the six terminals as two commons ("C"), and two throw positions each (labeled "A" and "B"), this is what you'll see.

Overview:
A A
C C
B B

Below: the black labels below are not connected while the colors are.

Position 1:
A A
C C
B B

Position 2:
A A
C C
B B

Position 3:
A A
C C
B B

===============================
To make a DPDT on-on-on into a SP3T, use the blue C above as the common; wire a jumper from the blue A to the red C; and the three throws are (in order) red A, red B, and blue B.

Caution: I might have flipped the poles in position 2, check with a meter to be sure. :)

-Peter

Whoops, I was thinking of an on-off-on... that was the problem.  A DPDT on-on-on might work, but I'm thinking I'll need a DP3T (yes,they exist, do a mouser search)

-Colin