Tayda wire any good?

Started by DFX-PCBS, March 08, 2018, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFX-PCBS

I like to use solid core 22awg, what are your experiences with Tayda's wire?

vigilante397

I also use 22AWG solid core, but I bought a bunch of Tayda wire to try to get away from solid core (reliability stuff, wires breaking and such) and haven't had any problems with it. I've had to widen my pad hole diameter from 0.7mm to 1mm to accommodate the larger size, but that's really been the only issue.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

kristopher612

It's not solid core, but I've been using their 24 AWG wire with no problems lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wavley

I really dig the bonded wire I get from Small Bear and GuitarPCB depending on which place I need something else from.  I'm sure Tayda is cheap enough to try even if I don't like it, I'll order some next time I'm getting stuff there, which should be pretty soon.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

vigilante397

Quote from: wavley on March 08, 2018, 04:06:38 PM
I really dig the bonded wire I get from Small Bear and GuitarPCB depending on which place I need something else from.  I'm sure Tayda is cheap enough to try even if I don't like it, I'll order some next time I'm getting stuff there, which should be pretty soon.

Aha! Pre-bonded wire is exactly what I have been looking for I just didn't know what to call it :P I bought an amp kit a while back that had all pre-bonded wire and I loved the stuff, but when I ran out (there was quite a bit of extra from the kit that I used for everything else afterward) I didn't know what to call it so I didn't know where to get more. So while the Tayda stranded wire is fine, it looks like I won't be buying any more 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

wavley

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 08, 2018, 04:35:26 PM
Quote from: wavley on March 08, 2018, 04:06:38 PM

Aha! Pre-bonded wire is exactly what I have been looking for I just didn't know what to call it :P I bought an amp kit a while back that had all pre-bonded wire and I loved the stuff, but when I ran out (there was quite a bit of extra from the kit that I used for everything else afterward) I didn't know what to call it so I didn't know where to get more. So while the Tayda stranded wire is fine, it looks like I won't be buying any more 8)

Awesome! Glad I could accidentally help.  The Small Bear and Barry's Best (guitarPCB) stuff really is my favorite for building pedals, dresses like solid core, fits in holes, solders great...  When I'm building a tube amp I like solid push back wire because there's so many wires to strip, just cut to length and push back the insulation, stays twisted, braided,  and makes nice neat corners.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

cnspedalbuilder

I like Tayda's 22AWG solid core wire. I've not liked their stranded wire. For 22 or 24 AWG stranded I'd go with Small Bear.