Woolly Mammoth Wiring

Started by Cmwm, March 15, 2018, 03:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmwm

Hey guys, first serious build.

Everything is on the Vero and I'm getting no sound except a barely audible increase in hum when the output/volume knob is turned all the way up. Started with bare basics off board wiring as someone suggested that's a good way to troubleshoot taking LED's and switching out of the equation.

Tried to guess my way to a wiring using a few tutorials. Here's a rough drawing of how I've currently got the off board wiring.

If there are no glaring issues with that I'll move on to reflowing the board as that seems to be the #1 troubleshooting suggestion. Although I can't see any issues.

Any ideas and suggestions welcome, trying to learn so I'm open to scrutiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluebunny

You posted this already here.  Now whilst we would love to help (your wiring looks OK to me, btw.), we're all going to find it more difficult to track who's given what advice if you have two or more threads open.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Cmwm

Quote from: bluebunny on March 15, 2018, 03:59:26 AM
You posted this already here.  Now whilst we would love to help (your wiring looks OK to me, btw.), we're all going to find it more difficult to track who's given what advice if you have two or more threads open.

Ah sorry, had no response and thought the post had been buried.

My mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vigilante397

Agreed, wiring looks fine. Can you post pictures of your board (top and bottom) so we can look to see if there is anything obvious? If there is nothing obvious then it's time to measure some voltages.

The layout is good, I've built a Woolly Mammoth from that layout and it worked fine. We'll get it sorted ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Ack!  We have two sets of replies now!   :o :o :o

:D
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Btw...

Quote from: Cmwm on March 15, 2018, 08:52:14 AM
thought the post had been buried.

Au contraire!  Posts don't get buried around here.  A polite bump after a couple of days is enough to wake some of us older folk up.  Hell, there are plenty around these parts happy to necro decades-old threads with careless abandon!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Quote from: bluebunny on March 15, 2018, 11:40:30 AM
Ack!  We have two sets of replies now!   :o :o :o

:D

Whoops, didn't even bother to check the other thread :P I'll stop now.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

(Link doesn't work.  You mean here.)
  • SUPPORTER