Boss TU-12EX Tuner troubleshooting

Started by GMB, March 16, 2018, 11:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB

Hi everyone,
My Boss TU-12EX tuner don't power on, even replace the power supply cable, but problem remain,  i use the Dunlop DC-Brick that have seven 9v outputs and i use one of them for my tuner.
Please write here your suggestion if you have any idea that i can fix it.
Thanks a lot.

antonis

I wonder what should be your doctor's answer after your phone call said: "I'm not feeling well at all, although I tried successfuly to breath.."  :icon_wink:

WELLCOME..!! :icon_biggrin:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

vigilante397

Welcome to the forum :)

We're going to need a bit more information: have you verified that your power brick is operating? If the brick seems to be working have you measured the voltage to make sure it's getting what it needs? Have you tried running it with batteries instead of the brick? Have you checked the power button to make sure the button isn't faulty? Have you opened up the casing to see if anything is visibly damaged?

Also since you didn't mention it, has it ever worked? Is it something you bought new and used for a while that stopped working or is it second-hand and has never worked?

I'm sure we can get it sorted ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

blackieNYC

It is probably a cracked solder joint on the audio and/or power jacks.  Just tin them up with a little solder.  On the tuner.  You'll probably see the crack with a magnifier.
Those jacks are held in place by solder only - no threaded bushing and nut is used to attach them to the "chassis". A moderate tug on the cable can exert a great deal of force on the solder. At worst, the jacks might need to be replaced. Rarely. 
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

GMB

Hi friends,

I think here is a little mistake, sorry :icon_redface:
I checked all of seven 9v DC-Brick outputs, i used 6 of them at all, so move and change all 6 outputs one line to the left and leave empty soucket to the right. SO IT'S WORK !!!!
it's slacked on the road probably...

I'm very glad to hear those smart and pro answers,
Appreciate it :icon_surprised: