Momentary Footswitch that Doesn't Snap

Started by stevenpcharles, April 01, 2018, 07:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenpcharles

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can find a momentary SPDT or DPDT footswitch that doesn't snap?  I purchased two recently and both while momentary switches, they both snap at the bottom of the travel to activate the switch. When you remove your foot it releases. But that initial snap when you press is annoying. I know they make them because several of my commercial pedals have momentary switches that don't snap, but I cannot seem to find a vendor out there that explains this.

One vendor said this was a "normal" and expected thing from a momentary footswitch, which was the first time I'd ever heard that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Steve

bluebunny

Sounds like your "normal vendor" has gone through life only ever encountering these:

But he's been missing out on these:

The first ones click; the second do not.  Both pictures are from Tayda.  They have a discount coupon ("GIZMO") active right now, btw.

Edit: I just re-read what you wrote.  You asked for changeover switches.  The one I posted was a simple push-to-make.  My bad.   :-\
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

bluebunny

...of course you could use the SPST switch above and the Boss/Ibanez switching circuit* to do the changeover?

___
*Article courtesy of R.G. @ GEOFEX
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

davent

I've an 'x-wing' double throw that does click but it's a far less noticeable event then that of the Alpha style.

Could the alpha be opened up and modified to eliminate the 'click'?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg