Strange pedal interactions...

Started by patrick398, April 03, 2018, 12:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrick398

Yeah sorry i'm a bit confused too now.

Basically, the hyper light seems to love the output of the box of rock (low impedance?) and doesn't get along so well with the fulldrive. The hyper light is being run after both.
I guess i can either tinker with the output of the fulldrive, try and get the impedance down somehow...just boxed it so not a very appealing option right now.

Since the gain is set at the input buffer on the box of rock and the two stages after are identical, would it not be possible to just take one of those sections and bolt it on to the front of the hyper light so it thinks it's seing the end of the Box of rock?
If so would i need to tinker with the 330R at the source of the BS170 to set the gain?

patrick398

Sorry to keep flogging this dead horse but i am getting somewhere here. Tried the last stage of the BOR into the hyper-light, no difference.
Just breadboarded the pick-up emulator (http://www.muzique.com/lab/pickups.htm), ran it in between the  input jack of the hyper-light and the 'jack in' on the 3pdt. Sounds good, adjusting the pot on the pickup emulator makes the hyper light more prominent after the fulldrive which is exactly what i'm after. It does darken the tone however. I can totally live with that as the sound i like from the hyper-light is weird and doesn't need to sound crystal clear and sparkly. When i bypass the hyper-light however, the emulator still has effect on the bypassed signal. That's not so cool.
Am i being super dense here? There must be a way to wire to so the emulator is bypassed along with the hyper light?

patrick398

Must spend longer stating at diagrams before asking questions. Think i've got it.
As per this wiring set up: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_sw_3pdt_tb_gi_dcj.pdf
The emulator needs to go in between middle left lug and board input. That way both emulator and board are grounded in bypass.
I'm sure that's right but it's late and i'm hungry so please correct me if i'm wrong