no power from battery to board?

Started by bifbangpow, May 02, 2018, 04:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bifbangpow

I'm having a strange issue where i have a brand new battery plugged into my pedal.  I measured the battery. It's good. but when i use the multimeter to measure where the red battery lead goes into the wall power adaptor input, theres no voltage.  not to mention no voltage anywhere else in the circuit.  I tried replacing the battery clip but still same problem.  What could be causing the short?
And if you must know, I've using the Mozzrite Fuzzrite project from Gen Guitar Gadgets.  It's the first pedal I ever built but it just stopped working.  http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/effects-projects/fuzz-tones/mosrite-fuzzrite/

help. please.
Keep on keepn on.

DIY Bass

Depending on how have it wired you may need to have a lead plugged into either the input or output in order to switch the battery to the circuit.  Most pedals switch power off when you unplug the audio leads.

bifbangpow

Keep on keepn on.

sominka

So it worked before? and it was a GGG pre fabbed board or you etched the board yourself?
Check with your multimeter if there is battery power going into the board into R9 first.

antonis

Do what sominka said..

When measuring voltage we actually measure voltage DROP (on multimeter internal resistance) so for no voltage drop cause might be either OPEN circuit (no current flowing at all) or SHORT circuit (no current flowing through multimeter).
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..