Debugging - Last Shot NEOVIBE

Started by vitorgracia, May 07, 2018, 05:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vitorgracia

Ok Guys, Im not exactly an expert at all but have attempted and succeeded at some projects. This time is the NEOVIBE.

I had everything almost done with the phasing working but the lamp just wouldn't turn on, then i noticed the D2 wasn't soldered tight  8)

(http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/univibe/vibeupdate.pdf) - here is the circuit

Deal is I was measuring it on and pushed the diode, it snapped audibly, likely cause of the large base capacitors and what was a one step to solution now is a bunch of scrap that doesnt sound at all.  :icon_frown:

I like pedals but this was too ironic to deal with, if not debugged I'm hanging up my soldering iron for sure.

Anyway

The sound now is null, as if there was no power. I changed the db1 bridge that gets the power and am getting voltage in the circuit but I don't know HOW or WHERE to measure exactly the voltages with the meter. All im getting is the -17,4V out of the 7815 regulator, which i changed also, but all else is confusing so Im afraid im wrong (this is measured from ground ? from positive ?  :icon_rolleyes: )

I dont know exaclty how to pinpoint a busted component here so I'm in the dark, all i can think of is to trash it and forget it.

Help! If i get the voltages i can post them and we can solve this one together!

Steve Connochie

I too am at a bit of a loss on the same project, I've just assembled the vero board version and nothing. So I'm learning to debug starting from the power supply to try and get the lamp  flashing. I've debugged the bridge rectifier and getting 15V out of the voltage regulator but the voltage at the output of C25 C26 is over 25V so I'm loathed to reconnect this to the lamp driver as the schematic says greater than 17V suggesting less than 18?? I had to sub 100V caps instead of 35V for both these1000uF caps I didnt think it would be a problem but shoild I swap them out? Any help would be greatly appreciated also how do I know if a transistor is goosed?

PRR

• SUPPORTER