Reroute Danelectro Dan Echo flip flop for tails?

Started by Michael2, May 08, 2018, 05:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael2

Hi all,

With many thanks to Kipper my Fuzzdog delay has tails now (what's in a name) and I am very happy with it. This forum in general is awesome, I'm learning every day from so many of you.

I'm totally in the zone now and would like to give my Danelectro Dan Echo tails too. But this is a different beast since it has the infamous flip flop switching going on.

I managed to make bypass work by studying the Rebote 2.5 schem that Kipper posted. Totally fine and working but it would be fantastic if there was a way to switch the delay with tails on/off with the existing momentary switch and on/off led instead of implanting another switch and led.

Here is the schematic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlx32qwjznhq830/Dan%20Echo%20Schematic%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

I checked and bypassing R15 takes out the signal to the delay circuit and is giving tails. Eliminating the pop is done by connecting to VB when in bypass.

It's all a learning process for me so please correct me but what do you guys and girls think, is it possible to reroute the flip flop circuit to the IN signal instead of the signal that is coming from the delay chip? Is it just a matter of leading the leg of Q2 to R15 instead of lug 1 of the mix pot and I am done? I'm afraid my idea is too simple but would love to hear any thoughts about it. Thank you!