PT2399 Not Adding Delay

Started by dobo2001, May 29, 2018, 07:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobo2001

So I'm finishing up the Deep Blue Delay from Aion, and I can get the delay to work. The pedal passes signal fine, but when the pedal is on there's no delay effect. Schematic (https://aionelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/aion-vector-deep-blue-delay-documentation.pdf)

I've tested the Delay in at pin 15, and there's signal going into the IC. At pins 8 and 9, there's just a popping sound. Maybe this is the problem?

The IC is receiving 5V at pin 1, and I've swapped out the PT2399 to no avail. Pin 6 to Ground is measuring ~41K Ohms. Is this the problem? Maybe someone else can help? Thanks!

patrick398

Post up some voltages, someone might be able to spot something obvious. I can't open the link you posted but every schem i've seen of the deep blue doesn't have pin 6 to ground, it sets the delay time via a resistor and a pot to pin 4 (ground). Do you have a pot for the delay time or a fixed resistor? If your using a fixed resister it's possible you have the delay time set so short you can't hear the delay? Just a thought

duck_arse

Quote from: dobo2001 on May 29, 2018, 07:20:10 PM

The IC is receiving 5V at pin 1, and I've swapped out the PT2399 to no avail. Pin 6 to Ground is measuring ~41K Ohms. Is this the problem? Maybe someone else can help? Thanks!

there is something screwy with your link addy, a trailing bracket or something. anyway, like patrick says, voltages. and photos of your build, please.

when you say measuring ~41k, when is it? powered off, obviosly, but with the IC in or out of the socket? 41k all the time, or varies with pot setting? what is the max measured resistance of the pot? etc, etc, etc.
don't make me draw another line.

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on May 30, 2018, 11:06:54 AM
there is something screwy with your link addy . . .

Yep, trailing parenthesis, leading unprintable character and missing colon.  Try this instead.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Boner

So in that schematic, IC2_LPF1 (delay in) the op amps output is the input?

duck_arse

it is drawn that way, but the pin number corresponds to the oppy input in the datasheet, so it's likely aion will be here anytime now telling us he has corrected his drawing.
don't make me draw another line.