Offboard wiring for a dual-effect, single enclosure pedal

Started by dobo2001, June 04, 2018, 02:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobo2001

So I want to put two effects in one enclosure, and have two footswitches. One which bypasses the whole thing, and one which switches from one effect to the other. Like on/off and then a/b. And an LED for both Bypass and then two to signal which circuit is being used. How would I go about wiring this? I didn't see anything on tagboard. Thanks for any help!

GibsonGM

Here you go, dobo. Welcome to the forum! 

The switch terminals would be oriented L to R, like " - "  Hope that makes sense.

• SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

287m

my bookmarked point to Mr Harald site
but my wiring method for that, usually Mr FCUK style. Sorry, forgot where the image

jfrabat

Some time ago, I did a multi-effect pedal.  That one I did not have a stumpswitch for all on or all off; they are all rather switched individually on or off.  But if it helps, here's how I wired that one up:

Hope that helps.
I build.  I fix.  I fix again.  And again.  And yet again.  (sometimes again once more).  Then I have something that works! (Most of the time!).

dobo2001

Quote from: GibsonGM on June 04, 2018, 02:50:00 PM
Here you go, dobo. Welcome to the forum! 

The switch terminals would be oriented L to R, like " - "  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks! Should there not be three LED's? One for effect A, on for effect B, and one for the bypass? Which one is which? Thanks!

mth5044

You can add another  resistor/LED combo to the bottom row middle column lug of the A/B switch to indicate when the other effect is on.

GibsonGM

Yup.  When I put mine together (2 Marshall Guv'nors, is what I originally did this for), the default was "A", my all the time rhythm sound so didn't need an indicator.  So only needed an LED for "B", which was set for leads. 

You can do what Matt suggests...if I did that, I'd consider just grounding the middle lug (no LED there) and then using the R/LED on each opposite terminal, to +9v...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...