MB Octaver help

Started by subversounds, June 07, 2018, 04:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subversounds

hello,

I'm kinda new to site, although I read it a lot before becoming member.

I'm trying to repair a Markbass MB Octaver that is dropping too much volume of the octaves.

I've heard it was a clone of Boss OC-2 but its not exactly. It uses two 4013 flipflops instead of one, and three TL074 instead of TL022. So it has a kind different layout, making the Boss OC-2 schematic that i have kinda useless.

Anyone got that schematic or clues on what should i do?

thanks in advance. have a good day

pinkjimiphoton

you may need to go to the "forbidden forum" <fsb> to find info on that one, i can't find anything on google. is it smd, or thru hole? maybe post some gutshots of both sides of the board, let the good people here help you by giving them some info to chew on.
good luck!

but wait...dropping too much volume on the octaves? are you sure you're not maybe thinking they sHOULd be louder?

what kinda amp you playing thru? if the speakers can't handle it, you won't hear much of the octave down, especially two octaves down.

i had a bud buy a behringer oc2 clone off me a couple years ago. swears it doesn't work.  i tried it repeatedly, it works just fine. but thru HIS amp, it can't reproduce them low frequencies, so he doesn't hear them... he has a smallish solid state practice amp with a 10" speaker.

if ya wanna hear the big bottom louder, it may be as easy as changing the speaker array being used. i mean, once ya get down to a certain point, you can almost watch the speaker move back and forth, even if ya can't hear it. ;)

just sayin', you... knowledge is power. the more info you can give us, the better folks may be able to help. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr