BAZZ FUSS- Can't quite figure out what's wrong

Started by bmsport99, June 09, 2018, 05:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmsport99

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to the effect pedal game as well.  I have a prototype bazz fuss that has been giving me several issues.  Im following the schematic shown here (with a few changes)

I have added a spdt switch to change between led and 1n914 diodes and a 100k linear pot as a variable collector resistor, and I am also using an mpsa13.  The pedal in bypass has no issues, but when switched on I am left with a very sputtery, short decayed signal that only comes through when lower notes are played.  The volume knob seems to be doing nothing at all.  These are the readings I have taken:

MPSA13 C-8.69V  B-8.47V  E-8.03
LED A-8.7 K-7.2
1n914-8.48 K-7.2

I would appreciate any help with this build as I really want to get this thing working

PRR

Welcome!

> sputtery, short decayed signal that only comes through when lower notes are played.  The volume knob seems to be doing nothing at all.

Is the "ground" on the board connected to battery negative and audio jack commons?
  • SUPPORTER

allesz

duck_arse

whichever diode you have switched in at the time will have its Kathode connected to the transistor base. so the K voltage should be the same as the base voltage, surely.

can we see photos of that which you have built, please?

and also welcome.
don't make me draw another line.