Muffn v3 from GuitarPCB Green Russion Build issues

Started by Lalope, June 10, 2018, 02:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalope

Hi, I am a newbee....

I am building the Big Muff Muffn project from GuitarPCB with the green russian specs....
I choose no to directly solder the pots because I intend to use a 1590BB enclosure...
Here is the documentation:
http://www.guitarpcb.com/MUFFN%202018%20V3-1.pdf

for the moment I use a 9V battery as power supply, the DC connector willbe soldered as the test will be ok..
So I tried to plug the battery and none of the LED lights...Is it normal ? I check the power comes to the PCB board ....
Please tell me what informations you need to help me ? Regards

Here are som pics:

I made PCB leg with PurGlue hot-melt adhesive....

Kevin Mitchell

These multi-option boards seem to be a pain in the butt for people here.

You're missing connections. Go through the build guide more thoroughly.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

tl-ww-ext

I have experience with Guitar PCB boards - great boards.  It appears you put the on/off LED on the main board, not on the switch pcb.  I *think* you need a connection to S5 on the main board to turn the LED on/off.

I don't what it should connect to on the switch pcb.  That said, much easier to put the on/off LED on the switch pcb, not the main board if you are using one of his switch pcb's.

T

pinkjimiphoton

if ya put the led on the footswitch board, you've gotta wire it a bit differently.

look at the diagram in the build doc to see what barry's showing. if ya read it carefully, it describes which pad is for the anode <long leg> and which for the cathode... the white square isn't used unless you're using a bicolor led, so the anode goes in the middle hole, and the cathode goes in the other.

use the beeper on your meter to figure out which of the 3 switch pads is ground. connect that to the center pole of your footswitch, and then connect the corresponding  other hole to the pin on the switch above i think its s4 and s5 are the ones ya want. beep it out. you'll get it.

just looked at it. look at the footswitch board, and look at the main pcb.

you got the led mounted on the main board. to get the switch to work, you need to match up the pad on the left where it says d1 on the footswitch board with where it says s4 on the main board. and the do the same with the middle pad to s5 on the main board.

get that resistor off the footswitch board. its a current limiting resistor for the led, if you use an led on the footswitch board. you don't  need it as there's already a current limiting resistor on the main board. if you leave that one on the footswitch, it will make your led either really dim or not work, as it will be adding another resistor in series with the led <i think.... been up too long, its 4:20 am... gotta go lol>

nice looking work for a newbie, btw, welcome to the forum ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Qicfix

I know this is an old thread, but if you haven't solved this yet, the main board +9v and GND need to be in the opposite holes as to what you have now. Just built the Black Russian version of this board.