is anyone here any good with arduino?

Started by njkmonty, June 13, 2018, 01:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njkmonty

so i didt the github thingy ok?     i wasnt sure if i got it right?

potul

I have a working version of the software with 4 additional loops. I wll post it later when I figure out how to work in github, I gotta go now.

I just mention so that you don't work on it until you see my version.....

potul

Ok,

here you have it:

https://github.com/potul/GuitarSwitch-DJ-v0.14.ino/blob/12loops/GuitarSwitch-DJ-v0.14.ino.ino

This is my first time in github... so I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

About the code:

-It uses the 4 additional buttons you already had in the schematic
-It adds a new I2C IO extension for the LEDs. Use address 0x3A, you will need to configure the jumpers
-Uses pins 35,36,37,38 for the new relays

Just a side note.... there was a mismatch between the code and the schematic you posted. A pair of buttons are connected in pin 9 in the schematic, but they were using pin 35 in the code. I just changed the code to match the schematic.

I have not tried it (I don't have the hardware), but I've simulated it in Proteus and it seems to work as it should. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Mat

njkmonty

aewsome !!!     i will give it a go and report back with video!  !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

also i see you discovered the pin 36     

patrick told me that his pin 9 connection was damaged  so he changed it to 36     i had changed it back  but i forgot to mention it to you!   you have good eyes!!

njkmonty

the relays are working great ,  however im having difficulty with the 4 new leds?

did you mean i add another ic2 board in series and run the new leds off that?

what did you mean by...?   0x3A

QuoteIt adds a new I2C IO extension for the LEDs. Use address 0x3A, you will need to configure the jumpers

njkmonty

woohoo it works!!!!

thank you thank you thankyou!

i do have a few more questions to make some more tweaks however    just want to say i appreciate your assistance.  i will give a a days rest before i bug you again! :)
I would like to in future organise  this into a simple project to share with others   who are noobs like me in arduino

potul

Quote from: njkmonty on June 17, 2018, 06:35:41 AM
the relays are working great ,  however im having difficulty with the 4 new leds?

did you mean i add another ic2 board in series and run the new leds off that?

what did you mean by...?   0x3A

QuoteIt adds a new I2C IO extension for the LEDs. Use address 0x3A, you will need to configure the jumpers

Ok,I see you figured it out. Yes, I was meaning adding another expansion board and configure the jumpers like "0 1 0"

njkmonty

Ive had a little play with it  trialing and erroring  small subtle changes basically to get rid of midi graphics on lcd screen. and to make the banks easier to identify etc.

it had 255 255 255 255 showing up on each preset on bottom line

the  12 effect loops work fantastic
the  3 x banks of 8 presets (A,B & C)  work well too!

the only other help I would ask for is... ( and by the way if how it is now, im very happy with)

If possible to remove all Midi stuff  ( i just dont use it)  removing it would clean up the mode cycling switching/options.

originally in the sketch i received from Patrick he had some  amp channel switching options.
Ive just realised they dont work for me.  I was planning to use this with 3 of my amps, (which ive already made an isolated amp switching thing to prevent ground hum  which i was going to incorporate..

Is it possible some how to add an extra 3 loops?    they can be selected within the program mode?  or just like the other loops.

basically so i can control  which different amps used with each preset?

ie preset Bank A - 1     could have 4 effects and   my soldano
ie preset Bank A - 2     could have 12 effects and   my jazz chorus
ie preset Bank A - 3     could have 8 effects and   my soldano   and marshall 18 watter   ????
this is what it looks like so far....

potul

Quote from: njkmonty on June 18, 2018, 05:00:52 AM
Ive had a little play with it  trialing and erroring  small subtle changes basically to get rid of midi graphics on lcd screen. and to make the banks easier to identify etc.

Do you have your last modified file so I can work with it? did you updated it in Github? Otherwise you will lose the modifications
the  3 x banks of 8 presets (A,B & C)  work well too!

Stupid question,... how do you access bank C?

the only other help I would ask for is... ( and by the way if how it is now, im very happy with)

If possible to remove all Midi stuff  ( i just dont use it)  removing it would clean up the mode cycling switching/options.

Removing Midi is a piece of cake. I can remove the Midi and Order mode easily.

originally in the sketch i received from Patrick he had some  amp channel switching options.
Ive just realised they dont work for me.  I was planning to use this with 3 of my amps, (which ive already made an isolated amp switching thing to prevent ground hum  which i was going to incorporate..

Is it possible some how to add an extra 3 loops?    they can be selected within the program mode?  or just like the other loops.

basically so i can control  which different amps used with each preset?

ie preset Bank A - 1     could have 4 effects and   my soldano
ie preset Bank A - 2     could have 12 effects and   my jazz chorus
ie preset Bank A - 3     could have 8 effects and   my soldano   and marshall 18 watter   ????
this is what it looks like so far....

Let me see if I get it... you want to be able to select one amp? Like an A/B/C box?  Do you want to be able to select multiple amps as well? Do you need stompswitches/leds for them as well?

njkmonty

sorry....   

Github confuses the crap out of me trying  to share something!!

totally forgot to upload my latest incarnation!

https://github.com/njkmonty/GuitarSwitch-DJ-v0___nicks_12_modified_trial/blob/master/GuitarSwitch-DJ-v0___nicks_12_modified_trial.ino

QuoteStupid question,... how do you access bank C?

when in preset mode   you can select either the "up" or "Down"  buttons.  it will go either up or down after you press one of the 8 preset buttons.

eg  if your in " Bank A preset 2"     simply press  "down" button then  "  preset 6"
and then your in Bank B preset 6

QuoteLet me see if I get it... you want to be able to select one amp? Like an A/B/C box?  Do you want to be able to select multiple amps as well? Do you need stompswitches/leds for them as well?

yes multiple amps, so in theory i can have 1, 2 or 3 all connected at same time,   basically i think there is 2 ways.
1) just add another 3 loops   which i will use for amps only
2) have some other function like how the midi worked, where when selecting  a preset , you could select 1,2,and/or 3  ( amp 1 /amp 2/amp 3) in an on or off state   which would correspond to a digital output  which
correspond to a relay.   if thats not to difficult you could ad a couple of extra to control reverb channel changing etc   ( as my amp channel changing options are simply grounding the tip)
these selections wouldn't  need a momentary switch like  the other loops,, but wouldn't say no to a couple of leds to indicate which amps are on or not? :)

So the absolute  dream option would to have another 5 or 6  on/off digital outputs with leds  selectable when selecting a preset? :)

this video shows how to change banks

potul

Ok, I have incorporated your changes and removed the MIDI menu. I  have also corrected a couple of errors in the LCD. I've also added something that I did not like: Now you can press multiple times the "bank up" or bank down" button and cycle through banks without having to select a preset. When you are happy with the bank you chose the preset. Give it a try.

https://github.com/potul/GuitarSwitch-DJ-v0.14.ino/blob/12loops/GuitarSwitch-DJ-v0.14.ino.ino

On the other multiple amps, this can be implemented as you mention wihtout adding extra buttons. You will not have direct access to the amp selection, but you will be able to store it in the preset. Will this work for you?

Reverb and Channel selection for the amp is almost there but not used. It can be enabled. But if you have multiple amps... how will you manage?

potul

BTW.... do you use the "MUTE" function?

njkmonty

yes i will  it will  most likely used as a tuner /mute.

i only really need 1 bank button     instead of up and down     could just cycle  a-b-c-a-b-c  ?  if that helps?

njkmonty

Wow thanks. I read your last response.  Regarding your mute question.
I didn't realise you had a post made prior to that!  I was waiting patiently.   And you had already done it .
Everything you suggested sounds awesome.  Yes the bank thing was not ideal.  But I didn't want to bug you on everything !!!

I wil now upload it and give it a go!

njkmonty

OK  here goes...

Midi Removal works great!
i added some spaces to presetText   as i was getting an unwanted "e"  showing up here and there ,  i think its gone now...

I also realised since you made some changes with the up/down buttons,   that i dont really need the "UP"  function anymore  (switch connecting arduino pin 13  to  pin 22..

perhaps it maybe now used for something else if needed?

QuoteOn the other multiple amps, this can be implemented as you mention wihtout adding extra buttons. You will not have direct access to the amp selection, but you will be able to store it in the preset. Will this work for you?

Reverb and Channel selection for the amp is almost there but not used. It can be enabled. But if you have multiple amps... how will you manage?

without trying to confuse you   i just need 5 (ideally 6) if possible,, more relay digital outputs that connect to their own relays.

so i can select for example

Preset Bank A -1           have  any of the current 12 effect loops selected
and
be able to select 6 other digital outputs, ( eg pins 40-45   as they are currently unused)
and select them to be in an off /on    high/low state.    and i will configure them to relay boards

these 6 dont need any momentary footswitches     and for cream on top  6 seperate led outputs to  indicate ! :)   

ive currentl have 14 digital outputs still available on board  .

i hope i havent confused you!

potul

Quote from: njkmonty on June 21, 2018, 03:31:06 AM

I also realised since you made some changes with the up/down buttons,   that i dont really need the "UP"  function anymore  (switch connecting arduino pin 13  to  pin 22..

perhaps it maybe now used for something else if needed?

I was thinking the same... having up/down buttons to cycle through only 2 options is an overkill. I'm keeping it as it is until we decide we need a new button.

without trying to confuse you   i just need 5 (ideally 6) if possible,, more relay digital outputs that connect to their own relays.

so i can select for example

Preset Bank A -1           have  any of the current 12 effect loops selected
and
be able to select 6 other digital outputs, ( eg pins 40-45   as they are currently unused)
and select them to be in an off /on    high/low state.    and i will configure them to relay boards

these 6 dont need any momentary footswitches     and for cream on top  6 seperate led outputs to  indicate ! :)   

ive currentl have 14 digital outputs still available on board  .

i hope i havent confused you!

Ok, I was just asking because if you have 3 amps,  you may want to change channels/reverb for them.

Anyway, I have been working in the meantime on the amp relay implementation. I have something working (only 3 amps by now), but still not there. I need to debug somethings that are not working in the memory save/load and the LEDs.

My approach is to use availalbe I/O for the additional relays, and the remaining LEDs in the I2C

I will keep you updated once I have a working version.

Ben N

Very nice progress going on here. I'm only going to throw this out there because you already have a row of 12 loop footswitches, not to complicate your life, and I know you have already excised midi from your project. But 12 is a pretty meaningful number to musicians, so... for a little extra functionality, you could add a bass pedal mode that sends out a midi note change for each of those buttons on a dedicated midi channel to the synth of your choice. Without much trouble you could probably also program a couple of other footswitches to set octave and transpose key. Then you physically place the footswitches in two rows, corresponding to white and black keys, color coding appropriately. There was a commercial product that did this, but I can't recall the name; and I'm pretty sure I have seen a DIY Arduino based version on Youtube (but alas without the code).
  • SUPPORTER

njkmonty

the beauty about this project is that you can take the project up until a point that it suits you    then personalise!

Im sure your idea is doable, its just a matter of adding in the bits you need   , perhaps you can use this current state of design as a base to work from and implement what you like?

Unfortunately my arduino sketch design skills only entails changing names and led flashing times!

Ben N

• SUPPORTER