is anyone here any good with arduino?

Started by njkmonty, June 13, 2018, 01:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njkmonty

here is my working prototype   

looking forward to seeing your latest sketch with updates  Potul !  ;)
also i ran out of spst soft touch momentary switches so used some noisey "clicky" ones had left over
btw i have edited video  but waiting for youtube to rotate it into horizontal mode

potul

Sorry for the last weeks silence.... my PC crashed and I had to reinstall everything, so I was not able to work on the topic for 2 weeks. Hopefully this week I will retake it

Mat

njkmonty

All good !   I thought you may have given up on me!!
Take your time.  I really appreciate all your efforts !:)
I'm working on the hardware side at present

njkmonty

potul

Sorry, I forgot about this and I'm travelling without acces to my development tools. I will take a look at it late Aug.

njkmonty

all good!,   id rather be patient and get your help than be pushy and impatient and get none at all!

beggars cant be choosers! :)

thanks for responding aswell!

potul

Sorry for the delay, i've been busy lately

I've updated github with the latest version including amp selection on pins 40,41,42

https://github.com/potul/GuitarSwitch-DJ-v0.14.ino/blob/master/GuitarSwitch-DJ-v0.14.ino.ino

njkmonty

excellent thanks heaps!   will let you know how it goes
thanks

i gather the amp functions are pretty easy to use?

potul

You basically have a new Mode. In this mode you will see the amps and you can enable/disable them (ON/OFF). You can then "Save" as normally to a preset the amp status.

But... I just realize something that maybe is not convenient... by default, when you exit the Amp mode without savings, you are sent to the "Preset mode", loading the last preset and losing the amp selection. So the sequence is:

Preset mode -> Program mode -> Amp selection -> start over...

How would you like to handle this? I could change the mode section to:

Preset mode -> Amp selection -> Program mode -> Start over...

This way, after amp selection you would be moved to program mode and not lose the amp selection until you go again to preset mode.

Mat

njkmonty

will test it out when free next cheers!!

potul

Hi Again

I've uploaded another version with some bug fixes and re-ordered the modes as I stated.

On the other side, I don't get why you need a "preset mode" and a "program mode" when in fact, you use complete different switches. I think you could have both things working simultaneously, so that if you press a "preset" button you chose a preset, and if you use a "loop" button, you toggle this loop (without saving the preset), without having to jump between modes.
This is how my Line 6 PODX3 works...

njkmonty

i tried your latest version however everything seems to work however the lcd doesnt, all of its pixels are on?

after 20 goes trying to fix problem  i double checked the code which i cut and paste and somehow worked this time, i mmight need a little while to test and figure out
so ive noticed you can turn each amp on and off using preset 7 and 8   really cool cheers.

my only question to help me continue testing is   amp pins 40 ,41 and 42?

is there any leds connected to the i2c thingy which i can use to have a visual display of which  amps are on?
ie when amp 1 is on - pin 40 is activated   is there a i2c pin been made available like the other leds so when i select the amp i can see?

just went to do another little test

when amps are off the relays are on
when i program a preset it appears that the amp selections go back to default  but loops are retained

potul

Quote from: njkmonty on October 20, 2018, 12:41:08 AM
i tried your latest version however everything seems to work however the lcd doesnt, all of its pixels are on?

after 20 goes trying to fix problem  i double checked the code which i cut and paste and somehow worked this time, i mmight need a little while to test and figure out
Strange behavior.... probably a cut/past issue?
my only question to help me continue testing is   amp pins 40 ,41 and 42?
Yes, these pins in the mega are the ones toggling.
is there any leds connected to the i2c thingy which i can use to have a visual display of which  amps are on?
No, I was assuming you would use the same pins to drive the LEDs. If you are interested I can take a look at it.

I suppose this depends on the way you connect the relays... remember you had a similar issue with the LEDs, you connected some in reverse. I can switch the logic so that it's reversed if you want.

when i program a preset it appears that the amp selections go back to default  but loops are retained

Can you explain step by step the workflow you followed? I want to replicate the issue in order to see what is wrong.

njkmonty

Quoteis there any leds connected to the i2c thingy which i can use to have a visual display of which  amps are on?
No, I was assuming you would use the same pins to drive the LEDs. If you are interested I can take a look at it.

if you could that would help heaps!

I suppose this depends on the way you connect the relays... remember you had a similar issue with the LEDs, you connected some in reverse. I can switch the logic so that it's reversed if you want.

Yes Please!

Quotewhen i program a preset it appears that the amp selections go back to default  but loops are retained

Can you explain step by step the workflow you followed? I want to replicate the issue in order to see what is wrong.

im about to go to bed
i will try do do a video tomorrow to show what i mean

cheers!

njkmonty

i am just uploading a video   to youtube, but im not sure if i am  any good with explaining how it works.
the 3 amp selection (Soldano,marshall,jazz chorus)  can be turned on and off
so the code to activate the relays works however off is on and vise versa.
what i am still unsure of is being able to turn an amp relay (ie pin 40,41 or 42) on and off and have it stored in a patch.
i havent been able to do this.
im am not sure if its easier or possible

but i just drew a block diagram to help me figure out what i would like.
I currently i have 12 loops.
could i just add an extra 3 to make 15 ( i would call them a b and c)  they would work just like a loop but be connected to my amp relays
on my footswitch controller i could have same leds and footswitch and could preprogram a preset just like before.
the on extra benefit is i could actually turn an amp on or off on the fly just like an effect loop?

soory this video is upside down !

potul

Regarding the saving...

The amp selection is only kept if you stay in Amp Selectino or Program mode. If you go to Preset mode, the manually selected amps are lost, because the unit recalls whatever is in the preset.
So, in order to save the amp selection you must do:

-Go to Amp Selection, select the amps you want.
-Push the mode button and keep it down (save mode). Save it to the preset you want.
-You got it.

I think you can also do:

-Go to Amp Selection, select the amps you want.
-Push the mode button once, you are now in Program mode.
-Select the loops you want to be active.
-Push the mode button and keep it down (save mode). Save it to the preset you want.
-You got it.

But if you just pass over the "preset" mode, you basically lose the amp selection

Regarding the proposal of dealing with the amps as if they were loops, I'm fine with it. But you will need 3 more buttons.

njkmonty

QuoteRegarding the proposal of dealing with the amps as if they were loops, I'm fine with it. But you will need 3 more buttons.

if thats not too much trouble !

( can i post you a pcb or something for your help?)

can i get 3 indicator leds from the i2c?   (in begging position!)

potul

If you tell me where you need the LEDs and Relays, I can do it. Just tells me what your physical connections are.

-LEDs
-Relays
-Buttons

njkmonty

QuoteIf you tell me where you need the LEDs and Relays, I can do it. Just tells me what your physical connections are.

-LEDs
-Relays
-Buttons

i have digital pins 43-53 still available
i also have about 5 free pins on the 3rd i2c board in series.
but i assume adding them into the i2c is a pain in the arse.

i am assuming if it is you would use 3 x 3 =9   digital pins for led ,relays and buttons?    then  43-53 however you want it is fine with me! :)

potul

Ok, I will take a look ... It would have been better to know in advance, though... I will need to trash most of the "Amp" code.

From the program perspective it will be the same as adding 3 more loops. No difference. No more "Amp" menu.

Is that ok?