Idea for a clean blend circuit - feedback wanted

Started by aion, June 13, 2018, 05:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockhorst

Seems we've been working on the same thing :). I just released an updated version of my clean blend circuit, which in turn was based on Jubal81's Schooner.

There's multiple ways to achieve the same thing: the ROG circuit (with the phase flipper from Geofex) as mentioned, very flexible but a bit over the top for just clean blending. There's also a blend circuit on GuitarPCB that shows that it can be done with a minimum amount of parts. I was bit concerned about input impedance of the Geo phase splitter (may be just fine, haven't actually tried) and buffering the return path. So I decided to go a different route: add a JFET/BJT buffer with some extra resistors that can be switched/jumpered to choose between in and out of phase (at the price of a DPDT instead of a SPDT).

Here's my circuit. Note R2 and R3 that set a voltage gain of 2x for the clean path. For a simple buffer, R2 is omitted and R3 jumpered. For more control, R2 can be installed as a pot. Feel free to use it in your own solution...or ignore it completely ;) we're all basically building on the same basic idea here anyway.
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone