Hookups ... OT

Started by petemoore, October 16, 2003, 09:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Is ther an amazing site [kinda like this one but] for Keyboards/
 I bought a YAmaha Motif 6 [Powerful instrument] and have only scratched the surface of it's functions.
 I would like to use it to record in cakewalk [on my computer]...using a line in. I'm so far using a Mic [fair to middlen results] but too much hiss...
 I bought a USB cable but My computer has no jack like that on it.
 The motif has MIDI, USB, and SCSI outputs [MIDI through actually]
     What's a [good?] [low $] way to conntect [the Motif and the Cakewalk] and eliminate the mic?
 I tried the line in [mono out into the mic in of puter] and that recorded  fantastic [totally quiet] till the huge hum started chiming in ... after about 2.5 minutes
it just popped on providing enough buzzzzz to get the meters about half way up [dohh] [why?]...." must have found the ground loop after a few munites?
 I plan to use the onboard sezuencer as soon as we get more ink...some guy wrote his own manual for the Motif...a huge improvement over the semi-useless Yamaha manula on CD.
 I started to print out the garbage that came on a Motif Manual disc [stuff like to enter mode press mode] realized it's for ppl who understand the terms [a rediculously written manual].
 But for now if I could just get it's output signals to the cakewalks input with no/low noise...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

ErikMiller

I have a CS6X, and this kind of information is pretty easy to get by joining the appropriate Yahoo Group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/

MarkB

Pete,
PM or email me offline - I've been working with MIDI and keyboards for years (since DOS, actually).. I'll be happy to help you out.
"-)