Phase 90 LFO potentiometer value

Started by Myampgoesto12, June 19, 2018, 09:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myampgoesto12

Hello! Back again. Some minor updates here.

I've heard one more GGG phaser on YT. Mine and that one both had a less pronounce swoosh than the real deal, to my ears.

I checked out a local RadoShack (franchises still remain) and saw some .001 caps so I grabbed them to add them in parallel to the .047s in the all pass section. 2 each for ≈4.9, they didn't have enough to make 5.0 but I may try later. It may seem useless since the values are so close, but since this is a filter, and EQs are dependant on filter cap values to control specific frequencies, so I gave it a shot.  I believe I hear a difference. It seems less "vibrato-y" more "phase-y". I'm 2 caps short of making them all 5s.

I've also moved the feedback switch(and swapped with my wah's original stomp switch) to the rear of the pedal for kick access!

It may seem odd, but my rate cap value is at 6.7uf now. Given the limited range of the pot, it needed an accessible usable fast rate while still reaching a usable slow rate. I have trimmed the rear rubber stopper down to basically flush in an attempt to get a slower rate. I think I'll get a longer rack and trim some of the rock heel off for even more, for this and my wah, thanks to Gagan's input here

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=121807.msg1148284#msg1148284.

And now for the gritty part. PLEASE forvige the mess, the wires are a mixture of RS individual 22g wires and some paired 30g wires I got from work since the sensors on our machinery come with rediculously long leads. Its a total rats nest right now, but I think that once I get this where I want it I'm just going to get another kit and build to spec...neatly.