quick wiring help suggestions for dpdt switch

Started by njkmonty, June 27, 2018, 06:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njkmonty

below is a layout of two options for switching  multiple pedals in and out of a switcher / looper/ gig rig/ octa switch thing.

most block diagrams ive seen floating about use the "A" diagram

however I was curious if using "B" would be prefered?

or is there a suggested improved  layout i should use.

i will have many of these switches  (which will obviously be relays)  am looking for quietest least pop solution.

I have also drawn diagram to keep simple as a normal mechanical dpdt switch is layed out,  obviously most dpdt relays are configured differently

GGBB

The only practical difference is the grounding of the send in bypass by B. This might help with switch pop. Another other true-bypass DPDT configuration I can think of is the same as B but with in/out send/return reversed so that the return is grounded in bypass. And you can make A more reliable by moving the jumper so that bottom-left connects directly to the input (middle-right) rather than to bottom-right. This bypasses one switch pole that could fail. Then add a second jumper between bottom-right and output (middle-left) so that either switch pole makes the connection and your bypass position is half as likely to fail:

• SUPPORTER