Merlin's Jenny Greenteeth

Started by antonis, June 28, 2018, 11:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonis

I've purchased a TH custom effects PCB (Jenny Greenteeth V1.1) from musikding.de (kit) for my son and it happened to verify an inconsistency between schematic and PCB routing around 78L05 voltage regulator..

As you can see, regulator is 180o flipped on PCB - meaning that left leg (reg OUT) is connected to D1 cathode and +9V, also checked and verified by me..

According to Merlin's schematic and STMicroelectronics datasheet (regulator provided into the kit), regulator placemet should be inversed..

I know it costs less than a moment to reverse the regulator but C3 47μF(6.5mm diameter) has to be unsoldered and replaced with a 5mm one to leave space for regulator round backside..

So, has anyone of you guys experienced that specific PCB/item mismatch orientation or am I missing something more than obvious..??  :icon_redface:

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Kipper4

IIRC 78L05 has a different pinout.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

PRR

Remember pinout is bottom view.

I can never work out all the variations.
  • SUPPORTER

antonis

Quote from: PRR on June 28, 2018, 12:38:16 PM
Remember pinout is bottom view.
That's the more than obvious missing point...!!  :icon_redface:

Thanx Paul..!!
(a very lazy bench-test guy is more than grateful to you..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..