How could I change this layout so that the Circuit LED's are always on?

Started by dobo2001, July 01, 2018, 10:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobo2001

How could I redo the wiring here so that the circuit indicators are always on regardless of the bypass position? I've already added a LED on the center lug of the bypass switch for another LED which indicates the bypass position. Thanks!

duck_arse

cut the two yellow wires to the led kathodes, insert a current limit resistor for each into the kathode leads, value of your choice, then take the free end of the resistor to 0V/ground, somewhere, anywhere. what do the permanently on leds indicate, if I might be so bold as to ask?

or do you mean they indicate which circuit is selected, bypassed or not? in that case, ignore above, and cut the orangeish wire from the left end of the ~1k~10k resistor, and connect it to 0V/ground instead [so it bypasses the switched connection].
don't make me draw another line.

dobo2001

Quote from: duck_arse on July 01, 2018, 11:00:30 AM
cut the two yellow wires to the led kathodes, insert a current limit resistor for each into the kathode leads, value of your choice, then take the free end of the resistor to 0V/ground, somewhere, anywhere. what do the permanently on leds indicate, if I might be so bold as to ask?

or do you mean they indicate which circuit is selected, bypassed or not? in that case, ignore above, and cut the orangeish wire from the left end of the ~1k~10k resistor, and connect it to 0V/ground instead [so it bypasses the switched connection].

Ok, that worked. Thanks! However, I also have an LED that indicates the bypass position and that is not longer working. I have the center lug of the bypass switch connected to a 4.7K resistor, then to the LED, then to ground. The top center lug of the bypass switch is empty. What's the problem here?

J0K3RX

Are they alway going to be on? Just wire them directly to the power input with a resistor.
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Ice-9

I think I know what you mean after re reading the post a couple of times.

1, you have wired a 3rd LED in to the bypass switch to indicate that the entire pedal is in effect or bypass and
2, you want the other two LED's for each effect to to illuminate when each effect is on or off, but still show on or off when the main bypass switch is altered.

So, you have added the 3rd LEd fro main bypass already and that works, yes.

All you need to do for the other two effect LEDs is to take the orange wire from the 1k-10k resistor to ground instead of to the bypass switch.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

GGBB

Quote from: dobo2001 on July 01, 2018, 03:10:32 PM
Ok, that worked. Thanks! However, I also have an LED that indicates the bypass position and that is not longer working. I have the center lug of the bypass switch connected to a 4.7K resistor, then to the LED, then to ground. The top center lug of the bypass switch is empty. What's the problem here?

Here's an updated diagram. I think this is what you want.

• SUPPORTER