Omni Box - One Box to Rule Them All

Started by vigilante397, July 12, 2018, 11:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben N

Man, that's gawjous! And I gotta say, your thumbless SMD soldering is a hell of a lot nicer than I would do with all 10 digits at my disposal. But I think you can cut yourself a break for the thu-hole: Go for a 125.  :P
  • SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Quote from: Ben N on August 10, 2018, 04:56:33 AM
...your thumbless SMD soldering...

I said you weren't supposed to look at it :P

Well I've been messing around on the guitar more and more lately (can't keep myself away), and I think I can play well enough to throw together a demo of the OmniBox. It won't be a mind-blowing, face-melting demo, but it will show you what it sounds like. I'm realizing it reacts a lot like a very clean amp: it sounds pretty good by itself, but it really shines with pedals. Even just throwing a reverb in front makes it really feel like an amp in your hedphones. I like the way it sounds with a ZenDrive and a Klon, but boy does it sing with a RAT in front of it! :icon_twisted: I found it also does really well on bass with a compressor in front of it.

So anyway, I'm hoping to finish up recording and throw the video together tomorrow, so it shoud hopefully be up here by tomorrow night.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Alright, demo video is complete. All guitars, bass, and keys were run through the OmniBox into my recording interface with no post-processing, no EQ, no mixing of any sort. I plugged in, played, and recorded. I used the following pedals:

- BTDR-2H based reverb on everything except bass
- Tremulus lune on the clean guitar (Strat)
- "Splinter," my RAT-based drive for dirty rhythm (Les Paul)
- Splinter + Klone for lead (ES-333)
- Orange Squeezer on bass

Please don't judge my playing too harshly, I'm a mediocre guitarist even with ten working fingers, so being down a thumb doesn't help anything ::) Also I noticed after everything was done that the ES-333 seemed to be a little out of tune, so I apologize for that as well.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

No drums? Just kidding. :icon_razz:
That demo went way beyond what I'd expect to see/hear in a pedal demo.  Glad to hear that the thumb isn't holding you back too much.  Nice work!
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

vigilante397

Quote from: EBK on August 13, 2018, 06:23:32 AM

I actually wanted to do drums too, but the main thing stopping me was a 6 day-old baby in the next room. I'm actually pretty good as a one-armed drummer ;D
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: vigilante397 on August 13, 2018, 11:25:12 AM
Quote from: EBK on August 13, 2018, 06:23:32 AM

I actually wanted to do drums too, but the main thing stopping me was a 6 day-old baby in the next room. I'm actually pretty good as a one-armed drummer ;D

From now on you shall be called Rick, as in Rick Allen. lol.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.