Tube screamer clipping daughter board issue

Started by Fish_bone, July 17, 2018, 10:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish_bone

Hello all! This is my first post here. I need help determining where to wire in my clipping daughter board. I copied YouTube's diy pedals and made a thumb wheel diode clipping board. I had someone on Reddit give me a run down, but I am afraid it's wrong. Their board graphic is laid out different from what I can tell. Let me know what I can do to help you help me.

brianq

1st of all, Welcome :) you got your 1st post out of the way. TIP: Usually  when you have a question, posting your schematic or schematics accompanied with your pics is a good way to open up your discussion. Posting a schematic will give us a better understanding of what your getting at. Again, welcome  8)

J0K3RX

I believe it's an Aion Stratus/TS9... Schematic is in the project doc, if you need it.
https://aionelectronics.com/project/stratus-ibanez-ts9-od808-tube-screamer/

Not sure about the thumbwheel clip mod.. Prolly just some some different clipping diode configurations that you can roll through with a thumbwheel pot.. Just a guess.

Just wire it into the board in place of one of the clipping options...
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Fish_bone

Quote from: brianq on July 18, 2018, 12:06:30 AM
1st of all, Welcome :) you got your 1st post out of the way. TIP: Usually  when you have a question, posting your schematic or schematics accompanied with your pics is a good way to open up your discussion. Posting a schematic will give us a better understanding of what your getting at. Again, welcome  8)

Thanks for welcoming me, and for the good tip.

Quote from: J0K3RX on July 18, 2018, 12:39:37 AM
I believe it's an Aion Stratus/TS9... Schematic is in the project doc, if you need it.
https://aionelectronics.com/project/stratus-ibanez-ts9-od808-tube-screamer/

Not sure about the thumbwheel clip mod.. Prolly just some some different clipping diode configurations that you can roll through with a thumbwheel pot.. Just a guess.

Just wire it into the board in place of one of the clipping options...

you are correct, it is an Aion Stratus board. You are also correct about the clipping board. So what you are saying is that I am over complicating things? I figured with there being a spot for a switch and so many options (D2-D9) and not all the traces are connected...I am worried about finding the beginning and the end of the clipping section as a means of by-passing the provided onboard option. I can not find a Schematic that is not in PDF form...I hope a picture of a bare board will work. I think soldering IN on a leg of R6 and OUT on R7 makes sense, but I am new to this and lack the ability to know if I am right or if there is a dedicated pad I can use. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Fish_bone