Info for rangemaster

Started by Budd, July 19, 2018, 03:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budd

I'm staring a build for range master . I've got a few npn germaniums stashed away & waiting for a board . Also have all components for the build .
What I'm wondering is there an equivalent germ to a oc44 in npn ? From what I read the oc 44 was the thing to have , but I'm going neg ground & only have npn trans in the shop.
I'm gonna use a trimmer pot 100k to bias it takes the place of the 68 k & 10k for gain .
It's been mocked up on a board with a 141 & is just workin good !
   Let me know any info re: the equivalent transistor if possible  thanks Budd

Budd

In my first post I mentioned a 100 k pot for bias , takes the place of 3k9 ! The 100 k is across base & groud ito the transistor !
It's late here & time for shut eye !  ::)

DougH

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

PRR

Welcome!

Please don't start multiple threads on the same subject. You can re-edit (Modify) a post for some minutes. After that just reply to the thread with the updated info.

I *think* I have "merged" your two threads into this one.
  • SUPPORTER

smallbearelec

The OC140 is known to work, and many units hit the sweet spot for gain in the RM. The OC139 that I have tested were not "hot" enough to work unaided in the RM. But those, and many other low-gain NPN types, work very well in Darlington pairs:

http://diy.smallbearelec.com/HowTos/BreadboardGeDarlingtonFFs/BreadboardGeDarlingtonFFs.htm

Happy experimenting!

Budd

Sorry about multiple threads on one topic ! I don't want to confuse anyone .
I'm old & new to this site so bear with me .ive received information from knowledgeable folks on a much more informative site so won't bother folks anymore .
       Thanks.    Budd