Boss SD1 help

Started by primus299, July 22, 2018, 03:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primus299

I did the mods on a Boss SD-1 overdrive [chocolate mod], from the book "How to Modify effects, for maximum tone" by Brian Wampler. Upon completing the mod, I ran into a odd problem. It began to stutter. I've included a short video to better understand what is going on.

For the video: I play single notes from 1-10 seconds. Then, after 10 seconds mark, I play a few power chords. It sounds messy, choppy, and it stutters.

A side note, I did feel like I scratched the R2 when I pulled out the cap that was next to it. Would this be a cause of the stuttering? 

duck_arse

welcome to the forum. I think C4 has a hole thru its outer cover. maybe replace that - I can't see any damage on your noted resistor.
don't make me draw another line.

intripped

let's see the solder side, also  ;)

PS: D5 and D6 are correctly oriented, but in the pic i can't see the flat spot (see image) of the LED in D4; perhaps it's ok, but check the correct orientation.

primus299

I just took some pics today of the board on both sides.

I didn't notice the slight damage (solder iron contact) on the C4 cap until just now.

The R2 has a bit of the tan paint chipped off from the razor blade (to remove glue).