fx looper question (complete beginner)

Started by hiatusofjoseph, August 17, 2018, 06:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiatusofjoseph

hi guys,

i'm moderately new to electronics, and super new to pedal building. as a way to get my feet wet for cheap, i thought it would be fun to build an fx looper/oscillator. i know there are tons of schematics out there for this, and i know this isn't the most complicated build, but i thought it would be fun to try and draw something up.

is there any reason as to why this wouldn't work? basically, i'm looking for something that always maintains the signal chain, but the 'feedback' can be turned on/off. so in this drawing, the signal can either be directed through the pot when on, or left off and the signal simply travels input -> send -> receive -> out. am i accurate? am i stupid? am i naive?

appreciate all help and patience w/ this.

Marcos - Munky

First of all: welcome to the forum!

About your drawing: yeah, it's correct. You may consider using a dpdt switch to add a status led (you'll surely know by ear when it's on, but maybe you like a visual indicator) and maybe use a switchable ldr to control the resistance (just for fun).

hiatusofjoseph

thanks so much! looking forward to spending time on here. your suggestions are great - have enough parts for two, so maybe would be fun to throw a dpdt on the second and add an led!