Danelectro switch cleaning / replacement

Started by italianguy63, August 08, 2018, 03:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

italianguy63

I have an old (cast metal) Danelectro pedal here with an intermittent stomp switch.

This fulcrum/lever actuated switch is obviously highly proprietary.

Does anyone know if a direct replacement is available somewhere?  (I'm doubting it).

So, if no, has anyone had any luck on cleaning the internal contacts?  If so, could you share the technique?

Thanks!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

Quote from: bluebunny on August 08, 2018, 04:17:10 PM
Got any pictures, Mark?

I already cleaned it as I could, and put it back together... But, here is a stock photo.  It is the blue and white thing at the bottom by the battery snap.

Anyway, I pulled the blue cover off.. and you could see the switch guts.  It is a twin blade type switch inside.  The switch contact is a TINY pair of Y-shaped connection that the blades slide through.

I used electo-cleaner, and a light scrubbing with a fine wire brush.  You can contact the top blades pretty well but not the bottom ones... 

I lightly tightened the Y contacts with some hemostats / jeweler screwdriver. 

Parts are SUPER small and delicate.  Not a good combination with my meat-hands!  Anyway I managed to get the cover back on.  BTW pay attention to how it comes off.. there are some tabs on it that act as cams for the lever switch.  Switch works freely, and appears to be working.  I may have been LUCKY!

I would however like to know if a replacement part is available in case I was not successful long term.

Thanks!
MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Slowpoke101

Have a look on the Tayda website for Hook Switch. Very similar looking switch.
Their part number is HS-22L01 or A-5033. Very similar looking switch.

• SUPPORTER

italianguy63

Quote from: Slowpoke101 on August 08, 2018, 07:18:16 PM
Have a look on the Tayda website for Hook Switch. Very similar looking switch.
Their part number is HS-22L01 or A-5033. Very similar looking switch.

HOLY CRAP.  That's it!

Thank you.

italianguy63

Last place I would have looked.

(and they have 119,000 in stock?!)