What pot to use on my bass guitar with an onboard compressor module?

Started by curtisrawls1, September 08, 2018, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtisrawls1

I installed an on-board compressor module on my bass guitar. My bass guitar has passive humbucking pickups but an active EQ circuit. I'm currently using 250k push/pull pot with a dpdt switch to run this compressor module. I also have it wired for true bypass. I'm not sure whether I should be using a 250k, a 500k, or a 25k pot since I'm using passive humbucking pickups but an active EQ circuit. The compressor module is connected after the active EQ circuit. Prior to using the 250k pot, I was using a 50k pot but I couldn't hear any of the effect when engaged. With the 250k pot I can hear the effect somewhat but it's still not as pronounced as I think it should be. Any thoughts?

bluebunny

What's the compressor circuit?  Need some more details...

And you might consider reposting in the main "Building..." subforum.  This isn't really digital nor DSP.  :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

curtisrawls1

Thanks. I'll repost in the correct forum. I'm brand new. This is my first post. Anyway, it's a Lee Jackson creamy compressor module.

bluebunny

No problem.  And I should have said: "welcome!"  (We're a friendly bunch, really...  ;D)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...