Aion Blueshift (Dimension C clone) problem

Started by kinokoma, September 10, 2018, 04:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinokoma

I recently built a Blueshift and can't get it to work properly. I bought the complete kit from Musikding in Germany. I chose the stock bypass version. When switched on the only effect is that the volume is slightly lowered. Turning the trimpots doesn't change anything.
Unfortunately I don't have an oscilloscope available at the moment. Does anyone have a clue what might be the problem?

GibsonGM

There is every chance that the error is in how the switch was wired up.  So go back over each and every connection.  I test my PCBs after they are assembled, before doing switch wiring, to isolate this problem (and see how it sounds in case I want to change anything). 

Then, go over every single part on the PCB, check for bad solder joints, any chip/transistor that may be in backwards...the mistake is usually ours, Kinokoma   ;)

Welcome to the forum!  If you can't find an error by eye after doing it over and over, look here:
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=29816.0
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

rschultz

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem!

Fender3D

I link schematic here https://aionfx.com/app/files/docs/blueshift_documentation.pdf for reference,
this is real complex schematic, and it should be drawn indicating what part goes in what PCB, since you have 2 cards...
assuming no error when buiding it, you may focus on:

1) NE570 chips, looking for signal on both their inputs and outputs
2) MNxxxx chip, looking for signal on both their inputs and outputs

then follow signal, I usually go from output back to input according to schematic
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge