Dead End FX PLL ONE questions

Started by willbloke, September 11, 2018, 11:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbloke

Hi folks new here.
Reasonably experienced builder , more synths than guitar FX ,but a mate got hold of a SchumannPLL and I was quite taken by it's lunacy so I've just got hold of a Dead End FX PLL ONE PCB , but am finding the BOM confusing and lacking in info .
Particularly the switching and off board wiring is confusing .
According to the Docs there's a thread on here somewhere , I've searched PLL but can only find info on revisions to certain boards and the reverse engineering of an original that presumably started all this !

Is there a particular thread for the Deadend FX PLL ONE ?

Thanks Will
THERE MAY BE SOME RINGING IN YOUR EARS ...

PMowdes

There isn't a particular thread here about the DEFX pcb, just a thread about the original trace and builds.

What's the issue Will?  You might find it easier to contact us through Facebook messenger.
www.deadendfx.com
www.instagram.com/deadendfx

digi2t

Quote from: PMowdes on September 11, 2018, 11:54:51 AM
There isn't a particular thread here about the DEFX pcb, just a thread about the original trace and builds.

What's the issue Will?  You might find it easier to contact us through Facebook messenger.

I concur. Either email us, or message us through Facebook. The offboard wiring is pretty dead simple, but we're always open to ways of improving things (as long as it doesn't take too much of our time :icon_lol:)

The PLL info here aims more towards troubleshooting a build, and doesn't address the DEFX board.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

vigilante397

Welcome to the forum :)

Obviously PMowdes and digi2t (the guys that make that beautiful PCB) would be the best to answer any questions you have, but I bought one of those PCBs 6 months ago and still haven't gotten around to stuffing it, so I wouldn't object to a thread being started on it for when I finally get around to building mine ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

willbloke

Thanks guys , heavy head cold and a large dose of dumb , I found a better Schematic that Dino posted earlier in the thread .
Can I take it that the Dead End FX 2017 PCB is verified ?
I found info on an orange PCB that needed cuts and jumpers and the one I just purchased is vaguely orange !
I'll crack on my my brain is working and see how I get on .
There was not much info on the  wiring of the footswitches and the DPDT switches that confused me in the build docs ,  hopefully the clearer Schem and examination of the original schem will make things clear.

Maybe I should have picked a simpler build for my first pedal !
THERE MAY BE SOME RINGING IN YOUR EARS ...

vigilante397

Quote from: willbloke on September 11, 2018, 05:25:33 PM

Meh, at least you're doing it on a PCB (99% sure this one is verified with no issues, but I'll wait for the experts to give the final word) instead of veroboard. I'll have to dig for the copy of the build doc that I was looking at (pretty sure I just downloaded it off their site right after I bought the board though) but it seemed pretty straightforward, if a bit exhausting :P

Best of luck to you on the build, and be sure to let us all know how it goes! ;D Mine is on my ever-growing to-do list, but I'll get to it one of these days ::)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

digi2t

Quote from: willbloke on September 11, 2018, 05:25:33 PM
Thanks guys , heavy head cold and a large dose of dumb , I found a better Schematic that Dino posted earlier in the thread .
Can I take it that the Dead End FX 2017 PCB is verified ?
I found info on an orange PCB that needed cuts and jumpers and the one I just purchased is vaguely orange !
I'll crack on my my brain is working and see how I get on .
There was not much info on the  wiring of the footswitches and the DPDT switches that confused me in the build docs ,  hopefully the clearer Schem and examination of the original schem will make things clear.

The orange boards that are subject in the forum thread are the v.1 UKToecutter boards that were sold here on the forum.

These boards are in no way related to the Dead End FX boards!

As I stated before, the existing thread here only deals with the UKT boards (both the v.1 orange, and v.2 blue).
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK