Building a boost circuit from scratch.

Started by Isg1315122, April 29, 2018, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isg1315122

I have a plan to build a booster with a 2n5401 bjt. I have been trying to build it around the design of the apollo treble booster but obviously will need to tweak the biasing of this bjt.

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out the process can you kind folks lend a hand and steer me in the right direction? I will post what i have so far.

Based on research i came up with R3 at 4.7k and R4 at 470 ohms. I then followed the steps for an emitter bias then converted to a voltage divider bias per Thevenin's Theorem to solve R1 and R2. I came up with 2.4M and 16.5M respectively. I think those are really high  and the 16.5 is way above any standard value.

First is my process and math correct? And secondly is it ok to lessen the values of R1 and R2 with the same ratio to achieve the goal of a base voltage of approx -2V?

Isg1315122

I have a plan to build a booster with a 2n5401 bjt. I have been trying to build it around the design of the apollo treble booster but obviously will need to tweak the biasing of this bjt.

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out the process can you kind folks lend a hand and steer me in the right direction? I will post what i have so far.

Based on research i came up with R3 at 4.7k and R4 at 470 ohms. I then followed the steps for an emitter bias then converted to a voltage divider bias per Thevenin's Theorem to solve R1 and R2. I came up with 2.4M and 16.5M respectively. I think those are really high  and the 16.5 is way above any standard value.

First is my process and math correct? And secondly is it ok to lessen the values of R1 and R2 with the same ratio to achieve the goal of a base voltage of approx -2V?

Isg1315122

Isg1315122