3PDT.com Klon Layout?

Started by vigilante397, October 19, 2018, 02:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

I know forum rules expressly prohibit the posting of the schematic, but does anyone have the layout or build doc for this PCB? Their website is offline and I'm not getting a response to my emails. I bought the board maybe 3 years ago, but I decided this week I'm not starting any new projects until I clear out my backlog.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

thermionix

I don't, but I know you can figure it out from the Chittum or Aion schematic.  Should be fun.

vigilante397

Quote from: thermionix on October 19, 2018, 04:57:41 PM
I don't, but I know you can figure it out from the Chittum or Aion schematic.  Should be fun.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but yup, I may end up doing that :-/
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

thermionix

You'll have no trouble.

A year or so ago I bought a TS808 PCB from Tayda.  Being a little suspicious, I decided to check it against the schematic before populating.  Beep beep beep.  Only discrepancy I found was the order of the 220r and 220n that are in series from the tone wiper to ground.  Doesn't matter at all, but still I swapped them to the original order.  Just in case!  Another thing, IIRC, they didn't have polarity marked for the 220n caps, expecting you to use film types.  But I used tants, so I needed to know.

This can also be a useful exercise if you care to consider outside foil orientation.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

bluebunny

Dunno if this picture of a stuffed board will help at all:

• SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Quote from: bluebunny on October 20, 2018, 05:39:51 AM
Dunno if this picture of a stuffed board will help at all:

Thanks, I found that picture as well and was able to get most of the resistor values from it, there are just a couple that are hard to read

Quote from: bluebunny on October 20, 2018, 05:28:18 AM
archive.org?

I didn't even think about that, brilliant! Hopefully that works :)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

vigilante397

Well I was able to get into an archived version of the website, only to find that they don't post their build docs on the website :P I was able to find a different email address though, so I sent another email. I'll probably just grab a schematic and start tracing anyway ::)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

There were pictures of both sides of the board (and unpopulated), so hopefully it won't be too horrific.
  • SUPPORTER

J0K3RX

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

vigilante397

I went back over the pictures last night and got most of the resistor values, and was planning to dive into tracing today, but they actually answered my email and sent me the build doc! ;D So if anybody else has one of these boards and is missing the doc I can help you out :)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

vigilante397

I'll be sure to hit you up once I lose it again. ::) Trust me, it will happen :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com