PROBLEM with BOSS RC20XL Loop Station

Started by rickydunn78, November 08, 2018, 09:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickydunn78

Hey guys,

I've just bought a BOSS RC 20XL Loop Station (I know it's a bit out-dated but it's my first looper). The problem is that the OUTPUT cable to the amp, which turns the power on, only works when it is halfway into the looper. I mean, there is no power unless the cable is only in halfway, then it doesn't produce sound. I don't know if the cable has a resistor or not. Could that be the problem?
I bought it on EBay and when it came it had corroded batteries still inside. Could that have anything to do with it?

DFX-PCBS

definitely, battery acid has most probably got onto the circuit board and corroded the leads of some components, someone with SMD soldering experience needs to look at it.

iefes

When it turns on with the plug inserted only half-way, it might just be a defective jack. Some parts of the jack might be bent and don't get good contact. If you know what you're doing, you can open it up and inspect the jack. If you don't find something yourself post some good photos of the PCB and everything inside.

highwater

Mine is finicky about that, too, and has been since I bought it brand-new. It works fine with some of my cables, others just plain won't go in far-enough.

I've been meaning to open it up and see if there's something on the jack that I can bend to make it work better.

Correction: mine is an RC30XL.

Also, welcome to the forum!
"I had an unfortunate combination of a very high-end medium-size system, with a "low price" phono preamp (external; this was the decade when phono was obsolete)."
- PRR