Digitech Digidelay Repeat problem.

Started by minoruta, November 08, 2018, 09:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minoruta

Hello everyone.

I am experiencing a strange issue with Digitech Digidelay and would like to be able to confirm it is indeed a fault:

When the "repeat" knob is at "10" (full on) there seems to be no repeats at all - only dry signal.
Backing it to about 8-8.5 brings on the delay\repeats as they should.

I cleaned the potentiometer (even though is is a sealed type square pcb mounted type) to no avail.

Is my copy defective? Have any other members experienced the same behavior?

Thank you in advance.

vigilante397

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm not familiar with this pedal specifically, but that sounds to me like a bad pot. Do you own a multimeter? I would recommend checking the resistance between pins at a few different positions and see if the resistance looks off when the repeats are all the way up. If the resistance is off, you'll have to heat up the soldering iron and replace the pot.

Hope this helps ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

wavley

Yeah, that sounds like a bad pot to me too.  It's been a while since I've had that pedal, but I seem to remember that it doesn't self oscillated even on ten.  I may be wrong.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

minoruta

Thank you all for you responses.

I have a few updates:

The potentiometer in my copy of the pedal is fine. 10K linear with correct readings (when desoldered).

I called a local ad for another Digidelay and went to check another copy of the pedal, and what do you know?
The same exact behaviour - No delay between 8-10 on the feedback knob.

I assume this is a bug \ "feature" that is present on all copies of this pedal.

Also found the issue described in this video at  1:30 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObeUHqrIvRQ&feature=youtu.be&t=90

Perhaps some other members can confirm that.

wearetemporary

That's normal, mate. All DigiDelays do this. Nothing to worry about.