rog supreaux deux, hpf addition?

Started by nepalnt21, November 13, 2018, 01:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nepalnt21

so ive built the run off groove supreaux deux

(schematic for reference)

i love the amount of distortion i can get with this thing, and it sounds great overall. one issue is that when i have it on the neck pickups of my guitars, it can be a bit fuzzy for my liking. bridge pickups, it is beyond perfect.

im wondering if i can add a hi pass filter (pre-clipping) to roll of a tad bit of those low frequencies in a gentle slope, without affecting the amount of distortion. i tried a couple of spots, but it seemed to affect the distortion (and gain, it seems the level was lower...), as well.

is there a perfect spot in the circuit to add this? what rc values/ cutoff frequency should i try? im having a hard time, because i think no matter where i put the network, there is always another resistor or capacitor to interact with it.

thanks for any ideas :)

nepalnt21

i dunno why i forgot to try an input capacitor... kills two birds with one stone. ended up with a .1uf.

ill need to mess around some more to see if it affects it negatively at all, but so far i like the way it sounds.

Rob Strand

Quoteis there a perfect spot in the circuit to add this?
Rather than add you could tweak the low cut that's already there.
There's three points:
- 2n2 before the second JFET
- 4n7 before the third JFET
- 68n at the output

Try the reducing the 68n until you get the low-cut you want.
Then try reducing the 2n2 until you get the low-cut you want.
Then compare the two to see which one sounds best.

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

nepalnt21