Author Topic: Line noise problem  (Read 1350 times)

rockaffe

Line noise problem
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:35:20 PM »
Hi, I've tried to build a pedal test box using an old case. It works, but I have some big line noises.
If I keep it in the air the noise disappear so, I think it could be a ground problem.
This is a picture of it:

- I've connected together the ground from the pedal with the battery snap ground to the board ground.

Can someone help please?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:07:01 PM by rockaffe »

ElectricDruid

Re: Line noise problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:09:50 PM »
Since most of the wires go off the side of the picture, you're not showing us the whole circuit. What happens to those input and output wires? Ok, you've connected the ground wires together, but what else is going on? What are the LEDs? What is this "test box" supposed to do exactly? Have you got a schematic for what you're doing?

Without more complete information, it's impossible to give any useful suggestions.

rockaffe

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:30:36 PM »
Since most of the wires go off the side of the picture, you're not showing us the whole circuit. What happens to those input and output wires? Ok, you've connected the ground wires together, but what else is going on? What are the LEDs? What is this "test box" supposed to do exactly? Have you got a schematic for what you're doing?

Without more complete information, it's impossible to give any useful suggestions.

I'm sorry if I'd given few informations: this box have no circuit, it's just a box with in/out jacks and wires to connect the veroboard. The wires out of the frame are on the table ready to be connected and to test if the board works. And it works (I mean the box). Meanwhile I've figure out how to wire the grounds properly, but the big noise remains...

antonis

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 10:26:57 AM »
Try to use 5 pads instead of 500..!!
(noise is directly proportional to banknote value..) :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..