News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

PCB source

Started by Jay Bones, November 17, 2018, 08:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Bones

I'm wondering if there's a source out there that would make custom printed circuit boards?

I'd like to start building pedals (I live on an island with zero work in the winter- my small business shuts down 4-5 months out of the year, and I could build some pedals to order, ship them out by mail).
Jay C
Dunlop Mister Cry Baby Super volume, Behringer EO700, Modtone Auto Wah, Yamaha (Cutec) 2 kob compressor, Behringer UC200 ultra chorus, T C Spark mini, Behringer Ultra Octaver, Caline Time Space Echo Delay.

imJonWain

There's alot.  I've used both Seeed and PCBway and have no complaints about either.
  • SUPPORTER
TFRelectronics

italianguy63

I use EleCrow... very happy.
MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Phoenix

Simplest way to compare all the major offerings:
http://pcbshopper.com/

EDIT:
Personally I've used -
ALLPCB
DirtyPCB
Elecrow
ITead
PCBWay
SeeedStudio
SmartPrototyping

I've been happy with all of the above, including for much more demanding applications than typical pedal stuff (boards with BGA packages and 6mil traces). Pays to shop around, each of the different vendors seem to have "specials" on different board sizes, so making a board to fit in a 1590b might be cheap at one vendor, but for a 1590a is cheaper at another. Otherwise, my experience has been that boards are of comparable quality from most all of the vendors, except for quality of silkscreen. All have been readable and fine for component designators/values/symbols, but if you're wanting to use boards for front panels and the silkscreen as artwork, some vendors are definitely better than others, and it is worth choosing a more expensive vendor who at minimum has a higher resolution dot-matrix silkscreen printer, or better yet actually uses a photo-lithographic process and true screen print.

mth5044

Big thumbs up for OSH park here!

SpencerPedals

OSH Park have a great service.  Just used them for my first ever order of PCBs.  Customer service is flawless.  And they're inexpensive.  I'll be using them again soon.

ElectricDruid

I've also used both OSHPark and SeeedStudio. Somehow I get along better with the SeeedStudio system than OSHPark. I only use them for prototype stuff though. When I need a big batch doing, I use a place in Poland, because it's inside the EU which makes life significantly quicker and easier, both for payments and customs.

https://pcb-technoservice.eu

bean

Another vote for OSH. Been using them for many years now. The boards are just excellent - never lose a pad on them from desoldering.

However, once you get into large PCB designs it becomes less practical. In that case Elecrow or iTead are really good. Also, I've heard pretty good things about JLCPCB and they are super cheap. Of course, you have to balance out shipping cost from overseas with the OSH Park free shipping to figure out what is the most economical.