More affordable alternative for this same switch?

Started by Esppse, December 12, 2018, 05:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esppse

Hey,

I am looking for this sealed ON ON ON toggle with a 3/4" fat bat. Either dpdt or spdt will do, but it is a 12mm hole that's already been drilled. I need quite a bit, so a cheaper alternative to this would be great. I am putting a waterproof switch boot onto it, so a normal guitar 3 way won't do because the tip is too big for the boot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Pickup-Selector-Switch-DPDT-ON-ON-ON-sealed-style-Large-Fat-Bat-Toggle/252637502040

I could only found an On OFF On one here.
https://www.parts-express.com/spdt-mini-toggle-switch-center-off-with-tapered-knob--060-530#lblSimilarProduct

Thanks

patrick398

Have you checked all the usual purveyors of switches etc?
Also, where in the world are you? 

thermionix

Geez $12 is way too much for that switch.  That's a $2 switch IMO.  For that kind of flojo you can get a Switchcraft LP or SG type.

Esppse

I've checked ebay and many electronic sites, icould only find 1/2 inch tip of the same kind, but still 8$. I'm located in USA

printer2

Toss the enclosure and get another one so you can drill the right size hole.

The reason the switch costs is it is a non-standard one. If it was produced in a million pieces at a time it would be a $2.30 switch. Might be time to suck it up and buy it if the alternative is more expensive.
Fred

Esppse

Aw rats, I can't toss the enclosure because it is a 200$ alder body lol

mth5044

Wait, how can there be an SPDT on-on-on??? Are both terminals connected at the same time to the middle? With DPDT on-on-on you have one throw switching while the other stays the same, but with a SPDT?

What is the functionality of this switch?

Esppse

On spdt, it should be both sides connected at the same time. On dpdt, the middle selection should be diagonal poles on at same time. Either will do for my project. It's for a pickup selector type functionality

printer2

Quote from: mth5044 on December 13, 2018, 08:29:11 PM
Wait, how can there be an SPDT on-on-on??? Are both terminals connected at the same time to the middle? With DPDT on-on-on you have one throw switching while the other stays the same, but with a SPDT?

What is the functionality of this switch?

Well that does put more value on the switch doesn't it?
Fred

Esppse

That listing is for the 1/2" tip, I was looking for the bigger 3/4 for easier locating in the dark. Ahhhhh does anyone else sell this?

davent

If it's shorter you're less likely to accidentally bang into it and switch it.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

anotherjim

I can't help, I only find them with the standard bat. I didn't even know there were fat ones. But I've seen really expensive production/boutique guitars with the mini toggles and thought "Meh! Couldn't they find something meatier?"