just for isnpiration, my Lego0Duplo made pedal.

Started by johnson, December 14, 2018, 05:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnson

thought i'd share this with you guys. my fuzz pedal fit into two duplo blox.

patrick398

Certainly solves the problem of securing it to the pedalboard. No more velcro for you!

johnson

damn right. if only duplo would make bigger blocks so bigger boards would actually fit... :icon_rolleyes:

bluebunny

I love the irony of building a stomp box into something which is the second most painful thing to stand on in bare feet (UK 13A plug is #1, of course). :icon_cool:

Dare we ask for gut shots?  (How) is it screened inside?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

iainpunk

Quote from: bluebunny on December 14, 2018, 09:05:48 AM
I love the irony of building a stomp box into something which is the second most painful thing to stand on in bare feet (UK 13A plug is #1, of course). :icon_cool:

You have clearly never steped onto a DIP8 you accidentally knocked of your work desk earlier that evening. The intense pain of 8 sharp, metal pins will penetrate throughout your whole body...
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

EBK

Quote from: iainpunk on December 14, 2018, 10:11:28 AM

You have clearly never steped onto a DIP8 you accidentally knocked of your work desk earlier that evening. The intense pain of 8 sharp, metal pins will penetrate throughout your whole body...
I've had bleeding wounds on my feet from Lego pieces (and I've fully inserted a DIP-8 into my thumb).  Not fun.

At some point in the Lego episode of James May's Toy Stories, he puts on a pair of slippers (tries to, anyway) made out of Lego.  I can't find that bit, but here is a taste of the show, which is fun to watch:

Also, there's this, which looks much much less fun:

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bluebunny

Quote from: EBK on December 14, 2018, 10:34:28 AM
and I've fully inserted a DIP-8 into my thumb

Done that enough times that you'd think I'd learn to avoid it!  And once skewered my hand with a soldering iron.  Switched on, of course.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

thermionix

I stabbed myself in the lower leg while building my first amp.  Two stitches at the village hospital.  I called for an ambulance because I couldn't walk there bleeding like I was, but I asked them to not run the sirens to avoid attention and embarassment.  They complied.

I think Nathan has us all beat though.

EBK

• SUPPORTER

Rob Strand

Quotethought i'd share this with you guys. my fuzz pedal fit into two duplo blox.
Yet another use of Lego.

I saw someone making a Watt-balance instrument (spawned from the new Kilogram standard) a few years ago.

QuoteDone that enough times that you'd think I'd learn to avoid it!  And once skewered my hand with a soldering iron.  Switched on, of course.
I trod on a 150W iron once I had a serious cattle branding lump on my foot for long time.  I was working outside in the winter with no shoes and it took a while before I noticed it.  Hmm, and the smell ...
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

EBK

Quote from: johnson on December 14, 2018, 05:45:52 AM
damn right. if only duplo would make bigger blocks so bigger boards would actually fit... :icon_rolleyes:
You could build a hollow box out of regular (non-Duplo) legos.  A lego tire knob would be cool, or perhaps some Technic gears.  Also, a 2×2 brick for a stomp cap.  Inspiration, indeed.  Nice work! (Forgot to say that last bit earlier.   :icon_wink:)
  • SUPPORTER

Rob Strand

QuoteCertainly solves the problem of securing it to the pedalboard. No more velcro for you!
Brings a new meaning to the term Marshal Stack.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

johnson

gutshots!
took me some thinking to get everything to fit ;)