The ultimate place to buy a variety of wire colors?

Started by Kevin Mitchell, December 20, 2018, 11:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Mitchell

PRR, I'm not looking for ribbon cables and those scrap CAT cables seem to be a gamble for the patterns I was hoping for.

italianguy63, I'd guess I could use about 20 feet or so of each. It's hard to estimate without having a detailed plan on the wiring - other than the old service schematics.

I may throw in the towel on this. Again - it's seeming to be more trouble than it's worth. My OCD will not get the better of me and a couple hundred bucks. I was considering consistency so I may follow the original wire diagram but again - only I would be doing the work inside of the unit. As long as things are laid out cleanly the wire runs should be easy to follow.

Thanks for putting up with me guys  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

italianguy63

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on December 21, 2018, 04:49:50 PM
italianguy63, I'd guess I could use about 20 feet or so of each. It's hard to estimate without having a detailed plan on the wiring - other than the old service schematics.

I'm going to my surplus place that stocks lots of wire on Jan 4th.. I will do a search for you.  They may have something... no biggie, I will grab it if they have something.  If it is 24ga. stranded wire, will that work?

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: italianguy63 on December 22, 2018, 01:59:06 AM
I'm going to my surplus place that stocks lots of wire on Jan 4th.. I will do a search for you.  They may have something... no biggie, I will grab it if they have something.  If it is 24ga. stranded wire, will that work?

MC

24 gauge - yes. Stranded - could work. With there being so many wire runs it would be more tame using solid core wires but since most of it would be zip tied I'm sure I could live with the results.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me