No sound when volume is at max

Started by DeusM, January 07, 2019, 05:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeusM

Hey guys. So my pedal doesn't sound whne volume is fully opened. Everithing else woks fine. Its a big muff pi modded with a presence control that goes to a pot and to ground at R19 via a 3pdt. Also R24 R25 anc C15 are with the 3pdt. C15 is 22 uf to avoid pop. 10 uf is not enough. The LD on the second switch takes some time to discharge when the effect is turned of. Any solution for that too?

It's not the amps that kills you. It's the "mojo"

GibsonGM

?   Look at the wiring of the pot again, Mat...it should not cut out when open.  Maybe the wiper is connected to gnd too, or some weird thing like that?

I'd have to see exactly how the LED you are talking about is wired.  If you have too much C there, it will discharge thru the limiting resistor and keep it going for a while!

• SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

DeusM

I'm an idiot. I had the wiring wrong. About the caps it might be too big. Ill experiment with another circuit beacuse this one is pretty bad now. I think the pop might be beacuse the resistor at the tone control goes to ground and the change migh be too sudden. Will a cap in there solve that?

GibsonGM

You will have to show EXACTLY what you are talking about, Mat, for us to help with the pop.  I think we may need to take a look at a few things, but we need to see EXACTLY how they are wired to know what is happening.  Including identifying the parts you are talking about, such as "LED1  R1" and so on.

It's too hard to follow a description, bud!  I can't look ALL around at a schematic, that takes too long, so if you show an area you have trouble with, it will help us solve the problem faster.   A cap in the tone control is probably not the solution, but let's take a look!
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

DeusM

Quote from: GibsonGM on January 08, 2019, 12:44:37 AM
You will have to show EXACTLY what you are talking about, Mat, for us to help with the pop.  I think we may need to take a look at a few things, but we need to see EXACTLY how they are wired to know what is happening.  Including identifying the parts you are talking about, such as "LED1  R1" and so on.

It's too hard to follow a description, bud!  I can't look ALL around at a schematic, that takes too long, so if you show an area you have trouble with, it will help us solve the problem faster.   A cap in the tone control is probably not the solution, but let's take a look!

Yes. of course. I was going to make a drawing with the wiring. Just give me a couple of hours and I'll upload it.

DeusM