Rangmaster (Aion Radian)

Started by baloubass, January 05, 2019, 06:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baloubass

Hello, just finish my Rangmaster based on the Aion Radian project. This project have a switch to choose from 3 position Full, Mid, Treble boost. When i go to full or treble the volume are correct but on mid boost i have really less volume. Schematic here:
https://aionelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/aion-radian-rangemaster-documentation.pdf
Does anyone can help me please?

GGBB

The documentation is a bit misleading, or at least unclear - maybe send a PM to aion to let them know. The "T/M/F" labeling suggests that "mid" is the center switch position, but according to the schematic, "treble" is the center position. This is a lot thinner than "mid" and "full" - is it possible that what you think is volume loss is really just bass and mid loss (relative to the other positions)?
  • SUPPORTER

baloubass

Yes that's it, the sound seems like without bass and and mid. But according to the schematic the Center position is mid. I will see with aion. Thank.

GGBB

Quote from: baloubass on January 05, 2019, 11:37:18 PM
Yes that's it, the sound seems like without bass and and mid. But according to the schematic the Center position is mid. I will see with aion. Thank.

According to the schematic - the center position is "treble" not "mid". When in the center position, both sides of the switch are disconnected (center-off) so only the 4n7 cap remains connected.

• SUPPORTER

baloubass

Quote from: GGBB on January 06, 2019, 10:18:36 AM
Quote from: baloubass on January 05, 2019, 11:37:18 PM

According to the schematic - the center position is "treble" not "mid". When in the center position, both sides of the switch are disconnected (center-off) so only the 4n7 cap remains connected.

Ok so if i understand:
When i have C3 and C1 connected, i have the full boost.
When i have  C2 and C1 connected, i have the mid boost.

GGBB

Quote from: baloubass on January 06, 2019, 06:26:03 PM
Ok so if i understand:
When i have C3 and C1 connected, i have the full boost.
When i have  C2 and C1 connected, i have the mid boost.

Right - and (obviously) when only C1 is connected you have treble boost.
  • SUPPORTER

PRR

It is a 3-position switch, although only two electrical positions and a center no-connect position.

Draw it with the three mechanical positions. You get these results.

Yes, they are "out of order". We could wish for Full, Mids, and Treb in that order. But there is not a common toggle switch with the NC on one end. We could use a 3-way rotary switch but it is bigger. We could expand to two 2-way switches and get four choices, but that's excessive.

One way for full bass. Other way for shy bass. Then fiddle it to the middle for treble-only.

• SUPPORTER

baloubass

Ok i understand, but do you think guys, that's normal i have to turn the volume pot from 10:00am to around 14:00pm to have the same output volume when i switching from full or mid to treble? i'm just looking if i make a mistake or if it's normal.

PRR

• SUPPORTER

baloubass

Quote from: PRR on January 06, 2019, 07:07:32 PM

Thank you so much. good pics to understand.
Just an other question what kind of PNP i can use with this build, i use the oc44, but can i use other types?