Automatic FX Loop pedalboard connection box

Started by MegaMan4, January 05, 2019, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MegaMan4

Hi guys,

I was planning on making a connection box for my pedalboard using this example by stinkfoot:
http://stinkfoot.se/archives/1184

But, then I saw some examples of something similar where you don't have to re-connect anything at all, just add the send and return cables from the amp and the box does the rest. (I think American Loopers has one)

Any idea how this thing should be wired to allow such thing ?

Thanks!

Fancy Lime

Hi MegaMan4 and welcome to the forum!

I am not sure I understand what you mean. What is it the box is supposed to do by itself? You'll certainly have to plug in your guitar and amp input somewhere. Or get a roadie. Always good to have a roadie instead of plugging stuff in yourself.

The whole idea of this thing seems to be that of a basic cable organizer. Have one place where all three cables from the amp go into the pedal board instead of three places. I would also get three different color cables and a flexible cable tunnel so you can keep all three cables rolled up together, should make setup and take-down much quicker.

Cheers,
Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

MegaMan4

Thanks for the reply Andy.

I suppose I could have been clearer with my explanation.

Basically, if you sometimes use an amp with FX Loop and sometimes you don't, this box should make your setup much easier.

If you check the diagram on the article I linked to, you can see that the cables on the right side of the junction box needs to be re connected when you switch between plugging the entire pedalboard in front or using an fx loop.
I saw some junction boxes that does not require you to do that. You only need to connect 2 extra cables for the send and return without moving the cable of the amp's input.

Here is another example : (this one does some other things as well)
https://www.gfisystem.com/interwire.html