Blackstar HT-Dist Pedal - No Ouput

Started by pgorey, January 06, 2019, 07:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgorey

I have to say, the interior of this pedal, though densely packed is super clean.  Nothing looks out of order upon physical inspection.  I am unfamiliar with tube circuits, but I drained what I think are the components holding voltage here can carefully disasembled so I could inspect the boards and tube.  Replaced the tube and tested with same result.  No output.  Bypass allows audio.  I have not powered up the unit outside of the case.  What is the safest way to keep away from the high voltage / shorting while tracing signal.  Should I leave this one alone?

Kevin Mitchell

You should be fine to probe it - just be cautious. Try to determine the direction of the audio signal before you poke around (tube and IC pinouts and so on). Since it's a preamp design running off of what I assume to be a SMPS B+ there shouldn't be much HV lingering in there.

I've audio probed a few amps without blowing myself up (okay I once forgot to drain the filter caps in a deluxe reverb - a lesson you should learn only once  :icon_lol:)
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me