Have mammothelectronics gone under?

Started by njkmonty, January 11, 2019, 05:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Ben N on February 08, 2019, 03:08:29 AM
Quote from: EBK on February 06, 2019, 04:35:17 PM

Lordy, this looks like Donald Trump's nightmare--when you grab 'em, they bite back!

vagina dentata?

man,.... that build doc is about one of the worst i've ever seen. it should have a goddamn schematic!
what is it, a chinese company selling crap on ebay?

c'mon mammoth... you can do better than this!

the guy i've been working for designing fuzzes finally gave up on mammoth, too, he told me, after they botched a whole run of enclosures he paid them to print.  for the second time. now he uses pp+ for that shit, and the quality is way better... and a LOT more expensive.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

njkmonty

Sorry to crash the chia seeds thread !:)
However it's happened again. 
Mammoth have gone silent for me for over a month now!
Am I the only one?
I've been emailing every address I have
Previously had regular contact with Steve.   
Now nothing!
Are they just flat out or are others having issues too??

italianguy63

Sorry, I've never used them... I have seen an item or two I could not find elsewhere, and their prices seem reasonable.

But, why settle for poor service?  Fire them.  Quit using them.

As a consumer, I expect reasonable delivery time and service.  (edit - and price)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Sooner Boomer

Quote from: njkmonty on September 11, 2019, 02:59:48 AM
Sorry to crash the chia seeds thread !:)
However it's happened again. 
Mammoth have gone silent for me for over a month now!
Am I the only one?
I've been emailing every address I have
Previously had regular contact with Steve.   
Now nothing!
Are they just flat out or are others having issues too??

Is there something in particular that you needed?  I've got wound care next Wed. at a medical center almost next door to them.  I could drop by and see what's up with them.  I hate to say, but they haven't impressed me in a positive way.  And I hate that, because they're local and I want them to do well, and we need more parts suppliers (and kits).
Dan of  ̶9̶  only 5 Toes
I'm not getting older, I'm getting "vintage"

njkmonty

ive been having great communication  with steve recently, and then nothing?
i have several enclosure designs being reordered etc , and simple going eleswhere isnt convenient.
I wasnt sure if they are just flatout , or something has happened, doesnt seem right thats all?
being from Australia, sometimes we arent up to date whats going on over there,
hurricanes? shootings, antonio brown posts a tweat, floods, presidents,
seems to be some catastrophe occuring, and maybe that was the reason?

amz-fx

Powder-coated Enclosures is probably the delay. They seem to coat the boxes as they are ordered instead of keeping a large stock available.

I ordered on Aug 13 and my order was not shipped until Sept 5, and only sent then because I emailed. They told me it was held up because one of the enclosure colors was out of stock, so I accepted a substitute color and it was shipped the next day.

I might order potentiometers from them in the future, but no more coated enclosures.

regards, Jack

njkmonty

yeah i just resent my files, but nothing

amz-fx

Don't reply to your Paypal receipt as your message to them. Start a fresh blank email with a new subject line since they often ignore messages that look like Paypal notifications of orders.

regards, Jack

njkmonty

Thanks for the tip Jack!,
I was almost at the "buy an international phone card, and wake up at 3am to make a call"  stage!

mozz

$150 order in July, got a excuse he was having trouble with his vendors. Fk him. Now no response to email, just filed a refund complaint with PayPal.
  • SUPPORTER

Mark Hammer

We too often make the error of thinking that some of the places we deal with have immense warehouses like Amazon, filled to the brim with inventory of the stuff we want.  In reality, the business may be 3 people and a garage.  That doesn't mean it's a dishonest or poorly-planned business.  Just be realistic.

italianguy63

I don't think expecting an explanation or a return e-mail or phone call is unrealistic.  I call that poor customer service. 

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

mozz

Being realistic means paying by credit card or PayPal so you have some recourse to get your money back.  Most online websites have a inventory checker that won't let you sell more than you have in stock. If he answered the emails and didn't ignore people there wouldn't be a 7 page thread. At least give out some type of due date or refund the money until you can deliver.

I'll just order my 400 parts direct from China, they would have been here by now.

That being said I often have used the state's attorney general's office to fill out a complaint. That has never failed me to get a refund for non delivery or for selling a used product as new. Just got a refund from Newegg for selling used motherboards as new.
  • SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 11, 2019, 11:03:34 AM
I don't think expecting an explanation or a return e-mail or phone call is unrealistic.  I call that poor customer service. 

^This. I order parts from Bitches Love My Switches quite frequently, and they are a small family-run operation. They usually ship same-day or next business day, and if anything goes wrong they are super responsive to emails. Smallbear has grown bigger over time, but they started as a small operation as well, and they are phenomenal with communication.

I'm all for supporting people that are trying to run a small business, but in a time when the market is saturated with suppliers around the world the only way to be successful is to stand out by offering good service. I can usually find better prices than Smallbear offers, but I still go to Smallbear because I know I'm getting good service.

Anway, my 2 cents' worth.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

pinkjimiphoton

mammoth is in trouble. the guy they brought in to run it, who was actually getting it all RIGHT again, was fired. the powdercoat peeps quit. its in a state of flux.
my bro mark is actually meeting with them today about buying the business lock stock n barrel, but we'll see what happens.

sucks, as they were the ONLY place i could get the textured powdercoat done with screen printing at an affordable price for the MLA stuff.

i would expect some major changes happening with them, and soon. they're @#$%ing me up too, we have orders for pea%^&*s we can't fill cuz we can't get the damn enclosures elsewhere unless buying them 100-1000 at a time.

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

mozz

• SUPPORTER

njkmonty

Mammoths 50% off sale doesn't look promising!

mozz

Well, got my refund. Have an idea it was because I got PayPal involved.  Also got a few emails explaining things but basically they are trying to sell parts they don't have in stock. I know a few years back I ordered from them and had no problems. If they are still in business a few years from now, i might try again, but for now, no.
  • SUPPORTER

slowpogo

I recently had a similar issue with pedalhackerelectronics.com ... twice in a row, a solid week passed with no delivery notification.  I'm frankly surprised people would give Mammoth MONTHS before trying to take action.  When 99% of vendors, even small ones or sellers on reverb etc. ship within a few business days, even a week is unacceptable in my eyes.

Anyway, the first time, I told pedalhacker (which I believe is just one guy) to either ship or cancel the order.  Shipped an hour later.  Second time, I inquired and he said he'd try to ship it soon.  Several days later it still hadn't shipped, so I opened a PayPal dispute.  Long story short, it sounds like the guy is having some real difficulty in his life right now.  We worked it out and he shipped my stuff.  I didn't like taking an aggressive stance with the PayPal dispute -- I was never rude or nasty, just wanted the stuff I paid for, so at the end of the day I don't feel guilty.  But I did feel bad that the guy was having a tough time.

That's the tricky part...if you pay someone for a product or service, it shouldn't technically matter how big or small they are.  Their responsibility is the same.  At the same time, I have empathy and I don't want to be an a**hole and hassle someone who's dealing with who knows what in their personal life.

Anyway it seems both Mammoth and Pedal Parts Plus are no longer options for custom pedal printing, which sucks..