Have mammothelectronics gone under?

Started by njkmonty, January 11, 2019, 05:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

We need more comments on this thread so we can go to the next page and I can stop seeing that hagfish at the top every time :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: vigilante397 on September 13, 2019, 03:11:10 PM
We need more comments on this thread so we can go to the next page and I can stop seeing that hagfish at the top every time :icon_eek:
My thoughts exactly  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Good timing by the way. You've vanquished the beast.
For now...

-KM
  • SUPPORTER
I'm archiving all of my DIYLC work for the home-etchers - Project Layouts & Templates

duck_arse

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on September 13, 2019, 03:23:55 PM
Quote from: vigilante397 on September 13, 2019, 03:11:10 PM
My thoughts exactly  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Good timing by the way. You've vanquished the beast.
For now...

-KM

yeah, but, even tho I saw the hagfish last night, tonight I thort 'wot hagfish?' and had to go back and see. the hagfish.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

EBK

You can't just unsee a hagfish.  That's not how it works.

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=121714.msg1147571#msg1147571
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Invertiguy

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

njkmonty

first acknowledgement of sale of business from Mammoth

QuoteWe are no longer accepting orders for the season due to a possible acquisition.
Sorry once more.

Parts / Sales / Customer Support
Mammoth Electronics

newjackruby

Oh bloody hell. I guess that's why they haven't shipped my order from a week ago. I did write and they said:

We've been overloaded with orders.

This has happened because of the most recent sale we've had.

We're moving as fast as possible and I apologize for the lack of update and delay on the shipment.

As for said "sale", they had a promo code posted at the top of their page for 50% off. Tried a number of times to use it and it didn't work.

Luckily, this was one of those "dammit, I forgot something" orders, so I only spent about ten bucks. Wonder if I'll ever see it.

50% off everything is pretty much telling me they're liquidating as fast as they can.

njkmonty

the 50% off sale was a bit of a giveaway,
i made a big order, and was expecting to make a claim with paypal, 
but it turned up !
hopefully yours do too,  only issue was about 100 potentiometers i ordered were missing washers and nuts!

EBK

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 11, 2019, 12:15:40 PM
my bro mark is actually meeting with them today about buying the business lock stock n barrel, but we'll see what happens.
Seems Mammoth has officially been acquired (or is very far into the process at least).  Do you know the new owner, Jimi?
  • SUPPORTER

pravudh

I used to order and pay $50 for shipping from America to Thailand. It took about 45 days, worth the same amount that I shipped from Thailand to America. Reach the recipient in just 7 days After that time I never bought anything from Mammothelectronics.

newjackruby

I ended up canceling my order. The refund was prompt.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Kevin Mitchell

First in after the email - though I missed the latest from this thread. Tis' the end for Mammoth. Officially closed on Nov. 5th. Wishing the folks the best for their future endeavors.

-KM
  • SUPPORTER
I'm archiving all of my DIYLC work for the home-etchers - Project Layouts & Templates

smallbearelec

Having just seen the goodbye e-message, I thought I would reassure the community that SBE is healthy and continues to do business as usual. We have settled in to our larger space at the same location and have more room for modest growth of inventory. To anticipate a question, I will not attempt to offer the turnkey drilling, powder-coating and printing services that Mammoth did; New York City rents, taxes, wages and general business-unfriendlyness make that unrealistic. However, we will absolutely continue to be a just-in-time source of blank enclosures and parts to the shops that have been serving the independent pedal-makers. Commercial accounts needing finished enclosures and/or assembly services should contact (in alphabetical order):

All-Pedal
Disaster Area Designs
Cusack Music
Pedalpartsplus

Yours In Growly Instrumental Noise,
SD

Bitches Love My Switches

We're bummed, too. Mammoth was one of the places I used to get my parts from back when I first started building pedals. As I've gotten to know more and more people in our industry, I've been so impressed with just how great everyone is. We're all in this to make cool stuff that makes cool sounds--and that, in itself, is pretty awesome. It's hard to know that people are losing their jobs. Hopefully all the employees will land on their feet and continue to be part of our scene.

Love My Switches is still here and healthy. We're still shipping all orders the same day they come in. Still offering a flat fee of $7.95 for shipping, no matter how much you buy. Still adding new products all the time. (Have you checked out our knob collection recently? We've got some great aluminum ones in!) Still aiming to be the best at customer service.

If you've never tried us out, or it's a been awhile, use the code TRYUSOUT for 10% off. Code expires on Halloween at midnight.

In case anyone might ask: We don't have any plans to offer custom drilling and painting or to branch out into resistors/capacitors/diodes/ICs/etc. But, we are adding all sorts of fun new things all the time. We have a new enclosure coming in soon and an interesting new power option.

Keep making things that make noise!

amz-fx

A big thumbs up to both Small Bear and Love My Switches. These are the two sources I use for most of my part purchases, except for generic resistors and capacitors that I get from Mouser.

Glad you guys are sticking around!

Best regards, Jack

bean

I can get everything I possibly need from smallbear, LMS and Mouser so as long as no one ever retires or closes shop as long as I am alive we are good :) :)

EBK

I just placed an order with smallbear, and I almost ordered JFETs that I don't presently need, simply because they still existed.  Mere mortals have tried to buy new JFETs (the SMT ones that are not EOL) from Mouser only to give up as the backorder date retreats continuously before their unworthy eyes.
  • SUPPORTER

yanng45

Quote from: EBK on October 14, 2019, 09:42:26 AM
I just placed an order with smallbear, and I almost ordered JFETs that I don't presently need, simply because they still existed.  Mere mortals have tried to buy new JFETs (the SMT ones that are not EOL) from Mouser only to give up as the backorder date retreats continuously before their unworthy eyes.

On the MMBFJ201 for example the factory lead time is... 42 weeks. They're finally back in stock at Farnell.